Ashen

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 7, 2018.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

Ashen is an action RPG about a wanderer in search of a place to call home. There is no sun and the natural light that exists comes from eruptions that cover the land in ash. This is a world where nothing lasts, no matter how tightly you cling to it.

At its core, Ashen is about forging relationships. Players can choose to guide those they trust to their camp, encouraging them to rest at the fire and perhaps remain. People you meet out in the world will have unique skills and crafting abilities to bolster your chances of survival.

Together, you might just stand a chance.

Key Features

Passive Co-Op Multiplayer – As you adventure through Ashen, you’ll occasionally encounter other players in a massive open world, akin to the passive multiplayer of Journey. It’s up to you to decide how to deal with them – fight together against evil, invite them into your party or simply ignore them.

Souls with a Twist – Ashen is faithful to the “souls” genre of stamina-based combat, introducing players to a punishing yet satisfyingly vast world. But here’s the twist – no two gameplay experiences are alike. Whether you’re exploring bogs, investigating a fjord or pillaging an old palace, where you are at any given moment will dramatically alter the course of your adventure. It’s a brutal open world; you’re just living in it.

Creatures + Combat – Ashen has no shortage of dangerous encounters, from hostile enemies to indigenous creatures. You’ll be rewarded for studying the environment and its inhabitants, planning your adventure rather than flying by the seat of your pants. The flora and fauna within the world aren’t just fantastical; they’re often fatal. Each confrontation, no matter how trivial, has potentially dire consequences.

Crafting is Key – As you discover survivors, you’ll have the choice to invite them to your Town. But these aren’t mere adventurers – they’re potential collaborators, bringing a plethora of crafting skills, from blacksmithing to foraging expertise, in tow.
    Story + Score – Famed fantasy author Mark Lawrence (The Broken Empire trilogy) and renowned band Foreign Fields collaborated closely with the development team at Aurora44 to craft a cohesive and unique narrative and sound.

damn this looks great! together with great music it may become a memorable game.

Amaze and KissSh0t like this.
  2. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    That is a way better trailer than the one I saw for the game. Resembles the art direction from Absolver with a story setting from Arx Fatalis, so ... yeah, this could be a neat game to try out.

The game is out now on the Epic storefront for PC, and its also placed as TBD on Steam. Guess I'll wait and see if it actually arrives on Steam or Gog. If I can avoid creating one more account for yet another online storefront, simply by being patient, then I'll take that option.

3. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    As a sidenote, Journey is also being released on PC. Do yourself a favor and turn on multiplayer if you pick it up.
    It inspired this game, different developer.

4. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Anyone played this yet, I like the look of it but I would prefer to buy it on Steam even though I do have an Epic account.

I would make an exception if it is really good

5. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Reviews are great for this game w. 82/100, especially as some reviewers will dock points for what it is (bit Souls like)...20 hours of gameplay, apparently.