Artifacts in the rain: STALKER

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by darrenj, May 23, 2007.

1. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080ti OC Stri
    quick question

I am playing STALKER on all max setting, without a hitch or problem.
    But when it rains I get huge artifact spikes as well as coloured artifact spikes durign lightning

Using driver 158.19

My BFG 8800GTS 640 is OCed to 600/2100 and GPU fan on MAX using rivatuner commands. Under gaming my gpu goes no higher than 65 celsius.

Is this a driver, game or hardware issue?
    :ying:

2. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX2080
    Thats been a game issue since the beta. I bet they still haven't found the cause of it lol.

3. Weesni

Weesni Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 Ti GX
    In my case it happens only if i change some video settings and continued playing.
    A restart should fix this....

4. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    I had this issue with the 93.71 but once i installed new Beta drivers the issue went away

5. RaulR

RaulR Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT AE
    That happens to me only when i overclock the videocard. I keep my card at 545/1010, and in other games i have no problem whatsoever, but in Stalker artifacts apear when it rains in the game. Running at stock solved the problem for me.

6. acare84

acare84 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX+
    Stalker is still in beta phase, and have a lot of bugs. I wonder GSC how corrects the bugs in the game with patches.

7. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080ti OC Stri
    THis is a great relieaf to me
    THANX:approval:

8. NuBee

NuBee Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x Zotac GTX 1080 FE SLI
    It happends to me only when I play a long time with supersampling on, when I change to multisampling is everything ok.

9. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080ti OC Stri
    So I returned to my last save game and continued playing from the nite before. And no artifacts just rain and lightning as normal. No changes made to my system. Played for over two hours with no problems at all.

:invasion:

10. dune2

dune2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Titan X Aqua
    Yep, completely random phenomenon. Scared loads of users sh!tless, as the articfacting usually tells you that you've taken your ram too far.

@Acare84: Stalker quality is ace ever since the first patch, what are you talking about?

11. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    I also own S.T.A.L.K.E.R., I play it at 1280x960, no AA, 16x AF, everything else maxed, and strangely enough I've never ever experienced a single artifact in that game since I play it with my brand new GTS (got it last Saturday). And I don't mean no artifacts just during rain, but anywhere in the game at any time and circumstances, nada. It always ran great. And I never saw a single artifact with my previous card, a Radeon X1800XL, with that one it ran great as well, although at lowered settings.

Within the past six days I've tried three different drivers, namely 158.22's found at NVIDIA.com, then I tried 165.01 Beta, and then just this afternoon I installed 158.27, and so far these last drivers are the best of the three, at least on my system, that is.

Maybe you should use Driver Cleaner Pro to properly uninstall your drivers in Safe Mode to delete all traces, before installing a new set of drivers. I also always clean the Cab files (a feature included in Driver Cleaner), and then I search manually in windows/system32/drivers for the only file I know I can delete if still present, which is nv4_disp.dll, that relates to the display drivers, all the rest is about my nForce4-based Mobo drivers, which I don't want to uninstall by accident. Then after that I search manually again via regedit in the Registry for anything that has "NVIDIA" under the software categories of LOCAL_MACHINE and CURRENT_USER, and delete the found entries, if any.

Usually Driver Cleaner gets rid of everything, but it's always good to verify yourself if it did delete what was necessary to get rid of to ensure the best uninstall/install process.

12. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX2080
    that rain artifact deal has nothing to do with drivers. Its utterly random and happens to tons of people.
    The way people used to make it happen on the beta forums is change around the graphics settings while playing. However that would produce constant results... it still was prone to happen out of thin air.
    I beat the game with no artifacts but at one point in time during the beta it happened to me and i couldn't get it to quit until i reset all the graphics options to defaults and reset them to my preferences.

13. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080ti OC Stri
    I alway super clean in safe mode with Driver Cleaner Pro before I install new drivers. Doin it for years.

BY the way does the latest STALKER patch 1.0003 (?) fixe any real singel person gaming issues? Like stuttering or even the rain artifacts. ( I do not play online)

14. DoomOlek

DoomOlek Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GTX
    that game makes me sick!!!!!!!!! aaaahahahhahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

god, how good i selled that **** game because its not working properly. now aafter patch 1 with that stupid, "you have to play all over agin" and patch 3 and like 5 new gfx drivers, that game is still unplayable now after the patch i only see the sky all over the sreen. f.uck that game. that cant be.

the same **** as with ArmA. stupid games!!!! more than 6months out and i still cant play it. havent played the first mission yet. and i dont had that game anymore, just the installation to test. deleted it after 150 different trys and.....

i hate such games
    :cops:

crysis you can come now... :approval:

15. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080ti OC Stri
    Sorry to hear your troubles old man, STALKER goes down like warm milk for me. Works even smoother with 158.27
    I wil be investing in a Thermalright HR-03 PLUS soon to bring the heat down..

16. DoomOlek

DoomOlek Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GTX
    yeah for me too until i patched to v10003. but anyway, i cant play it @ v10001 after reinstall, because there is a bug with a mission it doesnt matter what you do, when i want to go to next level bammmmm ctd (crash to desktop) so the gfx and everything works with 10001 but you finished that game @ that level, or i patch to 10003 and cant still play because i now see only the sky.

right now im using drivers v 160.03 anyone with that drivers too who plays stalker and on fista64?

maybe they get it sometime, but im done with that game and dont care anymore, if it works with patch whatever i will play till end and delete it....

17. Vector

Vector Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 FTW 4gb w/bkplate

I have the same problem!