ARMA II 80% off... Steam

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by iako, Apr 26, 2011.

1. iako

iako Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 LIGHTNING
  2. AaD-Marine

AaD-Marine Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 980
    deleted.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  3. abeztoz

abeztoz Banned

GPU:
    game is terible , wouldnt touche it if it was for free, very wooden game with bad graphics

4. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Now while I don't think it's that fun of a game at times, terrible graphics? Has some of the best I've seen. Very realistic.

5. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    I bought Arma II when it was 50% off this past summer and I installed it last week on my sig rig and it still has way to many issues to be enjoyable. Stutters and just runs like crap!

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    80% off is not enough!

7. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Awesome, might just get it and gift the key to someone.

8. AaD-Marine

AaD-Marine Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 980
    deleted.

9. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Any one know if the Steam DLC will work with CD Version. I know steam says it wont but what if I download DLC from elsewhere and use the cd-key from steam, if it gives a cd-key that is.

10. AaD-Marine

AaD-Marine Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 980
    deleted.

11. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    You sir are blind, ArmaII has some of the best graphics around. Very demanding game, maybe its your weak hardware that just could not keep up or run the game at a suitable level of detail.

Brought!!! £3.99 was just too tempting :p

12. Mega_Death

Mega_Death Maha Guru

GPU:
    The animations are stiff I will agree, but the game has outstanding graphics the 9600 cannot achieve.

13. harkinsteven

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Bah thats disappointing. Was hoping it would give a cd-key.

If your gonna play online look for Chernarus Life server. Its good fun, its a mod where you play as either a cop or a civilian and the purpose of the civilians is to lead an uprising against the government. As a civilian you can have several jobs that include farming or thief. You can join the freedom fighters and plant bombs etc to try and destroy the oppressive government.
    But you have to be sneaky as the police can search you and your vehicle at any time and if you dont obey the law they can shoot you. Its quite good fun. :)

14. proliferazor

proliferazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7950
    Everyone pay attention to what i am about to say. This game is really just a highly moddable sandbox engine. The game is ment for multiplayer mods. It has an amazing amount of mods from hardcore LIFE role play (including geting jobs, crafting, robbing banks, playing as cops ect..), to war games with actual money that you use to buy troops/vehicles to expand your influence.

This also however means the vanilla(no mods) version of the game is bland and has simple stuff to do.

In short, try the mods. A lot of them are downloaded automatically through the mission file when you join the server, other may need external mod files as well.

If your a programmer you can learn the scripting engine and turn the game into pretty much whatever you can dream up and write into code for the game. Here's some links to get you started.

Link to a scripting tutorial

List of scripting commands

Loads more links to get you going

have fun!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  15. Dwarden

Dwarden Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 2048MB
    the DLCs on STEAM need You to own base of the game, that's how theirs distribution works ...

so You can't buy STEAM A2: OA DLCs w/o A2: OA or A2: CO pack (OA+A2) on Your STEAM account

16. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    hm, what are some good settings to run this game on? im trying everything high, but in campaign i get about 30-45 fps.

3D resolution is also the same as my monitor, 1920x1200

17. harkinsteven

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Select high settings, then lower the antialiasing to low/off.

18. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    this game is only for the hardcore army fan. it is very complicated for beginers and requires planing and good execution. not run and gun. it had a lot of performance issues back when it was released. but it had improved a ton the last time i playd it. the visuals are amazing. and its one of those games youll go back to when new more powerfull video cards come around. so you can tweak those visuals even higher than allowed by the ingame options.

19. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    i would have prefered another game deal. well gotta wait for weekend madness.

20. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
    Don't listen to the nay-sayers, Arma 2 is excellent and is one of the most ambitious games out there.

Also you dont need super frame rates to enjoy it (you wont get them anyway) and theres plenty of options to tweak the visuals.