Arma 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Pill Monster, May 19, 2011.

1. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    That is a USER made DLC with Bohemia doing QC and support! WIN WIN WIN! Now someone please make that Half Life full open world mod or Terminator Future Wars series...

Shataan likes this.
  2. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    I`m absolutely pumped for this ARMA III S.O.G. Prairie Fire DLC!!! Just rewatched Platoon, and Hamburger Hill. lol Also redoing my key commands and getting reacquainted with movement feel in ARMA III. Always loved how immersive the movement feel was. Hope they start pre purchase soon. ;p

Grimbarian and Valken like this.
  3. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    S.O.G. Prairie Fire Nam DLC release supposedly..... tomorrow. Odd there is no pre purchase or pre load as of yet.

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    It's kinda funny to remember Arma 3 was released in 2013 and they are still releasing dlc for it.

Valken likes this.

5. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Have to admit Bohemia is not THE best, but a really good and supportive developer, as can be for a really old game. They did the same for all the previous ARMAs, unlike other MNC that jump on the loot box bandwagon and such...

Last edited: May 6, 2021
  6. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    We are the best! How dare you! ;)

Tomatone and Valken like this.
  7. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I was trying to be modest about it... CDProject is a lot better but Bohemia is not far behind. WAY WAY WAY better than those publicly traded game companies, even vs Rockstar which was one of my favorite studios ever before the GTA V mod fiasco...

I am looking forward to paying for Bohemias CDLC vs any a new game from those other aforementioned studios because of "reasons".

Grimbarian likes this.
  8. Tomatone

Tomatone Member Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 580 8GB
    Yes you are :) Will we see soon any new game on Enfusion?

Grimbarian likes this.
  9. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    Release in less than an hour - it says on Steam :)

10. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    UNLOCKED

Pack your stuff guys - we got a job to do!!!

Nam.jpg

Valken likes this.

11. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim RTX 3090
    lets gooooooooooooo!

12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    didn't tencent buy a huge stake in bohemima? they are buying up everything including genetics weapon research stuff how that relates to gaming......or was that a rumor?

13. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    That's an excellent question :)

Yep they bought a minority stake: https://www.bohemia.net/blog/bohemia-interactive-minority-investment-tencet

cerebus23 likes this.
  14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea ^ that gives me pause.

that plus they been selling user mods as dlc and not all of them "quality" work. a real bethesda move that also does not sit well, on top of their game being obtouse and janky to begin with and relying on mods to fix core issues, also bethesda like.

the pluses they one of the few to push pc gaming and support modding so hard, but its also led to bad habits.

15. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Minority stake means they get a CUT of the profits or dividends but cannot make wholesale direction! If and when they own a majority of Bohemia, then I can see the BI team leaving and starting another company which I will follow.

Going OT

Don't worry so much about Tencent as technically they are a for profit company.

Hint - lookup which private equity capital company from the "west" who owns a very huge stake in Tencent.

Worry about head chopping dictators trying to buy up Silicone Valley instead.That has bigger implications.

Back to OT - SOGPF worth every dollar for the map and assets alone. Look at all the people playing it online already!

16. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    That's one way of spinning it and completely your right to think that way, personally I think that the system that's in place is fairly robust and while it's new it's already put out a couple of really major DLC, enabling 3rd party developers to get a piece of the pie that their hard work and talent warrants, reading the online responses to both "Global Mobilization - Cold War Germany" and "S.O.G. Prairie Fire" (in particular) what I've seen has been pretty overwhelmingly positive (admittedly I don't read all Arma websites/blogs etc. etc.).

The process for applying to be part of Creator DLC and then getting approval/release etc. is pretty lengthy and involving and it's not just a case of letting any Tom, Dick and Harriet shove out their content for $ no matter the quality :)

Hand on heart I don't see that happening, that's obviously my personal opinion :)

Valken and cerebus23 like this.
  17. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    So far I`m loving this DLC. But I have a gripe. The U.S. Military Bases I have seen so far in the Campaign missions are.... dead. As in not bustling with life. Movement..... we need to see some BODIES doing stuff. lol LOTS of bodies. Hopefully they "flesh" stuff out with some updates.

18. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 2070 Super
    I am not scared to confess:
    I installed Arma 3 back then, launched the game, opened key binding settings... closed and uninstalled the game - no way for me to memorise all those commands! Alas!
    :(

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  19. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    Tell me about it. Took me about 2 hours until i had the infantry settings just right where i had them. Now for the vehicles and ... helicopters. Jesus.

Why oh why is it so complicated to use a normal 360 controller in ArmA3? It's a desaster. I'm actually thinking about dusting off my old Microsoft FF2 joystick from the attic.