Arma 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by masterchiefx2, Apr 22, 2009.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    You mean for sound right, perhaps hardware acceleration requires one of the other sound "engines" in order to work, they're listed under the launch parameters that I recently added via a edit but I didn't explain them as I was unsure what several of them did, that said I do understand some of them.

Taken from the wiki and commands for ArmA OFP, most of them are a bit unknown but the above should be fairly accurate.

2. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Not with the 400W version.
    Btw: the German expressions "Marke" and "NT" are "brand" and "PSU" in English.

Enough of this off-topic discussion. Feel free to start a thread in this section, hirmak:

General Hardware
    http://forums.guru3d.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10

3. Bravo

Bravo Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 9600GT 512MB
    ahhh I just folded and got it, installing it now...I hope its good. :D

EDIT: It is.

Wow, I am really impressed. The graphics are stunning (I have most on high, view distance at 2.2km and fillrate at 100 only) but the game looks amazing. The flying is super fun! I have the difficulty on the second hardest and so far the AI destroys me! They are really good! Ok enough typing time for ArmA2! :D

Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  4. Miller

Miller Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 660ti Signature FTW
    I absolutely loved OFP but at the time of the original Arma's release I didn't have a PC to run it so sort of missed out. I'm looking forward to OFP2 and Arma 2 but I have a question...

Don't burn me at the stake for asking but is their controller support for Arma 2? My hands don't work particularly well and over the years I've steadily moved to using a controller unless it's absolutely impossible.

5. apo-ttcc

apo-ttcc Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1
    In a preview a xbox controller was used. The comment said so because ppl asked about the xbox icons on the screen, they change automatically. Not sure about the final version.

6. apo-ttcc

apo-ttcc Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1
    In the german forum i read today that ArmA2 uses the XAudio2 sound engine/port (XBox360), confirmed by one of the devs says the post. This is why HW-Accel. does not work and why the sound is so poor, even on high end soundcards.
    It is completely software based, so everything is mixed up before it reaches the soundcard. Looks like this is a negative side effect for the PC owners, based on the future release for the XBox360.

Source (german): http://hx3.de/technische-fragen-probleme-162/hardware-sound-dolby-digital-16467/#post238628

Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  7. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    That's extremely unfortunate, a game like this could really benefit from great positional audio, and distance filtering. I hate consoles so much for this crap.

8. Dmented

Dmented Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1080 ROG Strix
  9. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
  10. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    I haven't tried it yet but XAudio2 being the default sound mode might perhaps be changeable by using the above commands -openal or -dsound
    (Direct Sound isn't really supported on Vista but -openal might work.)

Assuming of course those modes are still available in the game in the first place and not just legacy commands from ArmA 1

11. Dmented

Dmented Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1080 ROG Strix
    Nah I have not bought from them. That's one reason I decided to go with Steam instead.

12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
  13. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Not highest settings either.....1920*1080 scaled to 720p

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    Regarding those previous settings I missed one related to the amount of "points" you have in the armory, simply called "armoryPoints=;" and changing the value to 100000 will unlock everything if you want to see the available equipment and such.

EDIT: Heh, there's all sorts of weird stuff in there like housewives, secretaries and even civilian hookers whom appear to go crotchless.
    (Camera is pretty flexible isn't it, hehe.)

Though it's actually supposed to be panties but they're pretty badly textured and there's that "split" in the model making it look a bit mode adult than intended.

[EDIT]Sorry, but there are kids surfing this web site, too.[/EDIT]

EDIT: Hmm you're right, that was a bit inconsiderate of me, removed the images for now and changed the post a bit. :)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  15. apo-ttcc

apo-ttcc Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1
    Some of the details in ArmA2 are quite surprising. ;)

Thanks for the Armory hint.

16. apo-ttcc

apo-ttcc Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1
  17. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    the game runs on lowest setting on 800*600 at 15-20FPS, wtf???

18. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
  19. apo-ttcc

apo-ttcc Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1
    I went thru the Release Notes but could not see that ArmA was mentioned. But i will give them a try.

The 185.85WHQL driver were not recommended by the devs because ArmA2 was not tested with them and also the 185.85 is known for not being a good driver. They suggested to use the 182.50WHQL one. (posted by one of the developers in the BIS forums last week on releaseday)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  20. TroM

TroM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 OC
    I never played Arma and never heard of it. Looks epic.

As long as my 8800 can pull through I'll get it.