Arma 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by masterchiefx2, Apr 22, 2009.

1. PeterNorth

PeterNorth Banned

GPU:
    kk
    Judging from amount of arguments you based your opinion, I totaly agree you should stick with ARMA

2. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
  3. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    If u actually go and play OFP 1 NOW,

You would see that is has SOOO many bugs its unbearable....even unplayable.

You may not of noticed it back when it came out or after it got patched, but now....its awfull....helicopter and planes are fckin ridiculous in ofp...its like flying a truck with helium attached to it

4. colling

colling New Member

GPU:
    hey i liked , (arma2) is very good looking and the atmosphere is awsome , hope they solve the bugs and probs related whit performance , peace

5. apo-ttcc

apo-ttcc Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1
    1.01 German Beta Patch Released
    http://www.arma2.com/support/updates/folder.html?lang=en

It was suggested to make a backup of the ArmA2 gamefolder, it is not possible to update from 1.01 Beta to 1.01 Final (announced for next week). Also Old savegames should not be used with 1.01, so you have to start the campaign again.

edit:
    1 more mirror
    http://armed-assault.de/downloads/arma2-patch-101-beta-deutsch-1.html

Changelog:

Last edited: May 30, 2009
  6. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    Is true that the game don´t support Anti aliasing and SLI/Crossfire ?

7. apo-ttcc

apo-ttcc Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1
    It's said that SLI/CF can be forced via adding -winxp to the shortcut.
    AA was in the Beta and is mentioned in the manual but now there is just an option left in the arma2.cfg, editing that value is said not to work. It seems it was replaced by the Fillrate option, anything above 100% is making the image sharper on the cost of performance. The image gets rendered in a higher resolution and is then resized to the resolution you did set for the game.

An addition to the patch:
    So a backup of the ArmA2 folder should not be necessary, just don't use old save games.

8. RyoHazuki

RyoHazuki Member Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 780 HOF
    since when is an opinion supposed to make sense? thats why its HIS opinion. He thinks OFP is a better game, then let it be. Its his opinion.

9. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    The Fillrate Optimizer is AA.

Putting it to 200% Makes it the same as 8xAA, 150% = 2-4xAA 100% = 0AA under 100% = Garbage

10. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    that would be a really bad move! i sure hope it's not true ...

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    so no digital purchase for this game? i cant find it sht!

12. apo-ttcc

apo-ttcc Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1
    Take a look at post #47. ;)

There are a few stores that have ArmA2 (German) as a digital copy. But keep in mind that at the moment only the spoken word is english, all text is german and there is no way to change that at the moment. ArmA was the same, english was enabled by an official patch for the german retail version. English download versions should be available when 505 releases the european version on June 19th.

http://gamerunlimited.gamesplanet.com/produit.html?product_id=1103&category_id=13

http://armedassault2.gamesplanet.com/armed-assault-ii-spiel-peter-games.html

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Actually while this is largely unofficial and even in a way leaked there are patches for ArmA 2 that alters the language, might make the game not verify properly in multiplayer mode (Anti cheat system.) so you might get banned or faded by it though the chances of this happening is very low.
    (Fade is that protection where game data is altered during play if you run a illegal copy such as a crack or invalid serial number or when you cheat in MP, does stuff such as turning the player into a seagull in ArmA 1 along with super accurate AI while your own guns hit nothing.)

http://ifraggle.com/2009/05/29/arma-2-english-language-patch/

Digital download editions from Metaboli aren't that expensive but the game is a bit buggy at the moment even with the recent beta patch. :)

EDIT: Altered post, looks (Or rather reads, hehe.) better now.

14. apo-ttcc

apo-ttcc Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1
    Thanks Jonas, i'm german but the localization is quite horrible.
    So i give that a try until there is an official patch, like in ArmA1, that enables English to be selectable ingame.

edit:
    There might be some problems in MP because the files do not come along with the ...bi.bisign ones. Those are used in MP to verify the connected .pbo to be legit and not being altered for cheating or something like that.
    IIRC this was also posted yesterday in the BI forums but was deleted instantly. Guess it is because the files are from the closed beta and so someone did not follow the NDA. Also 505 might not be amused since they are aiming at the english speaking customers, also a reson i think why there's just german in ArmA2 right now.

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Exactly, that's what I meant, file isn't verified by the game so in multiplayer mode you might run into problems, albeit at most you'll just get kicked from the server from what I know.
    (Depends on various things though.)

Will work until the retail English copy is released later next month however it would perhaps have been better for Bohemia to try for a worldwide launch around the 15th to 20th June or so to avoid these initial bugs altogether instead of a early German launch followed by the EU edition via 505 and even later still for the US edition.

16. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i would think the North American market would be the largest? should have been released here first ;)

17. apo-ttcc

apo-ttcc Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1
    With several bugs and the horrible localisation i still don't get it why the german publisher Morphicon did still insist on the set releasedate on May 29th.

At least the 1.01 patch did fix some stuff already, and i'm glad they released it that quick (friday to saturday at midnight). But with some more patience and better QA by Morphicon they wouldn't suffer from bad press by some games magazines and customers reviews/issue posts which can be read in the community forums.

ArmA2 is much better than ArmA was on release for sure. It looks awesome, has better performance from the start and the atmosphere is great. But at the moment ArmA2 is more like a raw diamond that will start to shine with the upcomming patches.
    ArmA2 is definitely a right step back towards OFP, because the OFP atmosphere was missed by many in ArmA.

18. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    Bohemia is very careful of Publishers they don't want to get screwed again like Codemasters did to them

They're careful but in some cases that turns off certain publishers that dont want to agree to the Dev's Requirements

19. apo-ttcc

apo-ttcc Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1
    Then they also should have taken another German publisher for ArmA2.

Morphicon already messed up ArmA with a horrible localisation and QA. Same happened now with ArmA2.

For ArmA a day one patch was needed because the copy protection treated legal owners like software pirates, this is something impossible not to notice when testing. It felt like they did just add the poor localisation, the different copy protection (securom instead of starforce iirc) and send it right to the factory to produce the DVD's.

The way to early release by Morphicon might have driven away alot of potential future customers. They now have to read bad press reviews/customer reviews and judge the game by them.

20. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Thanks for mentioning those stores, apo-ttcc. :)

I'm tempted. :D