ARK: Survival Evolved

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by DarkKnightDude, May 12, 2015.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Sorry, I'm confused. I didn't mean it looks bad visually. It looks like a crappy survival game.

And you say it doesn't look bad, to prove it you link to a YouTube video in which the guy says it looks bad. What?

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Well, thats his opinion. Judge for yourself. I think it dosnt look worse than Rust.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    No, of course it doesn't. But then again Rust looked pretty bad, graphics wise. I'll keep an eye on this game, the potential is there, four sure.

4. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD FirePro M6100
    I love the game, the performance makes it pretty unplayable.
    Got to lvl16 on a German server, but we might move, cause some Tribe keeps finding us and destroy our buildings and killing us every single time.

I get it, PvP is part of the game, but these guys are just being trolls and annoying...

I'll wait till i get my 680 and see if it's playable then on Low.

5. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3
    Graphically it doesn't look that bad in all honestly. I do like the idea of starting with the most basic of tools. Building your own house, taming pets. Working together in a community to defend and attack other players. The high end gear consists of mini guns, rifles, sentry guns.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    My friend is playin on 770 which is basically overclocked 680. Oh, boy it runs bad, low-medium 25-30fps.

He told me let's play together but i dont think i'll have better performance with 280X, it should be the same. I'll wait further optimizations.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  7. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Yeah the performance is quite crap, game is pretty fun though. If you're playing with friends, which I recommend you to do, no point otherwise to play this game really, then I recommend you to play in a pvp server, it's ****ING AMAZING... worlds most fun ever.

8. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD FirePro M6100
    They said they're busy with a GPU Optimization patch, wich was supposed to be out yesterday but it got delayed.

I get about 15-27fps on low, and i have to set resolution scale halfway wich makes everything super pixelated lol.

9. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD FirePro M6100
    I'm sure the game looks really good when they optimize it so we can crank up the settings.

@Deathchild I agree, no point in playing alone, else it's very hard to stay alive.
    And yes the PvP is alot of fun, not for me though with 20fps it's hard to hit anyone lol.

And you can build/craft so much stuff too.

10. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super

11. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    This game is so stupid. Nothing but trolls running around pooping everywhere and then throwing it at people.
    I'll stick with H1Z1. Still the best survival game I've played since the DayZ mod.

12. Xenotone

Xenotone Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti SLI H2O 1230mhz
    Yeah this game is hilariously stupid. I've been playing it in the Rift too which makes it even more fun, though it's a good way to get sick with such bad performance.

The patch has helped /slightly/ as the devs said it would. Still pretty bad. Looking forward to some more updates.

13. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD FirePro M6100
    Damn a friend tamed a Trike, took him 2 hours, i had 2 turtles on me and lead them to my friends dino's to kill but the Trike died so easily wtf?

And now when i logged it, went to get some wood, 2 dilo's attacked the other 2 dino's. :(
    So before you guys start taming, make a ranch first!

14. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Guys, I've tamed 2 turtles 1 parasaur 1 trike 1 carno 1 dilo, and almost the sand beast with sticks on the back and a big tail with a spike at the end, don't remember what the name was. Onkylosaurus? ..

I'm on EuOfficialServer245 If ANYONE WANTS TO JOIN, LETS JOIN FORCES AND OWN THEIR ASSES!

I have 1 carno right now and a wooden house. Can make bows, raptor saddles etc.

15. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
    H1ZI is such a mess. Play arma 3 breaking point.

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    bought days ago, yet cant even join a server. always issues always issues.

17. Teisco

Teisco Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    I would love to have this game if only it had a real single player mode and not some server crap.

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    can i get a refund pls? how?

19. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
  20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    yay. got refund. omg iam so happy. iam in tears.