Are you going to buy a Titan X?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Veteran, Mar 11, 2015.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I think I gonna do that as well if this OC'ed 780gtx runs all those U4E games fine, if its anything like Elemental or UT4? then its definitely enough.

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    As always, you don't fail to make a logical point. It all depends on where you come from, and day by day situation, at least for myself.

3. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    That logic is a bit nebulous if you ask me. The GTX 980 can also be overclocked to around 20% and greater performance increase.

So when comparing overclocked to overclocked, you're back to square one with the Titan X being 40% faster or so.....which is still significant don't get me wrong.

4. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080TI Gaming editi
    next week will unfold the secret that nvidia hold with Titan X, and then u will get what u want.

If Titan X could be oc like 970 980, then i think u might have a winner, regardless of cost.

5. zimzoid

zimzoid Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Not keen on the Titan brand and not really worth the extra cash, I will get the normal high end gtx card.

6. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Depends on the price.

7. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    I would never pay more then 400 for a GPU unless I sold something to cut the price down. If i want more performance I would rather just get a second 970 instead when I need to. I don't care if the titan X is the fast GPU or second faster or whatever, No way I gonna pay that much for any GPU rather its AMD or Nvidia, just like I wont pay more then 400 for a CPU or more then 160 for a motherboard. I have a limit of how much I would pay on certain things.

8. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080TI Gaming editi
    that kinda of what i do, there are exception rarely. heck i upgraded from 680 to 780, and once the 780 is highly oced it sooo much better than 680/770.
    and i payed 500$ for it, but worth it.

9. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    best upgrade path ever:

GET A (BETTER) JOB!

:D

10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    The Titan is 40% faster with both cards at stock clocks.
    I see what your saying but the 980 has a volt mod that is basically crap. Im hoping this is were the Premium Titan PCB will pull away from the 980 when it comes to being overclocked. A card without a voltmod on water is waste, trust me on that one.

11. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Well that is what is being reported is around 40%, Nvidia have been known to raise the clocks even further so no I wouldn't take them as the truth.

Same as when those benchmarks came around of the 970 that people were saying were the 980. It transpired that it wasn't the 980 scores at all.

Yes we will see, even if the scores are only 15% more than a 980 im still in for one or two.:D

12. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    That just made me grin :D

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    ^lol......More Benchies People....
    http://video cardz.com/55081/nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-x-opencl-performance-leaks-out

14. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Doubt i can justify the cost of the titan x.

More looking to the 980 Ti card which I am hoping will be on the same nm and with higher clocks = faster for gaming and less pricey without all the compute stuff.

15. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    It probably will be faster but as usual if your an "early adopter" of the latest hardware it will cost you more.

Its always been this way...

Atari 520 STFM in 1985 was around £600, in 1988 it was £300....same principle:)

@Kaapstad....the reason why your thread was closed i reckon was because no Titan X existed when you opened the thread. It was a little too early, now that there is promising news of an imminent release the thread is more valid with peoples choice to buy or not to buy more of a valid choice.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015

16. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    You are right of course. I am hoping the 980 Ti will be a 6 gb model to be able to run SC at 1200p ( 60 fps or there about ) in all its glory.

Atm on my 580 gtx I have had to step down to 1024x768 iirc or some other sub reso but still 16:10.

CPU is pushing 80-90 frames at that reso, so I hope if I put it back to 4.5 ghz I might be able to run this game as well even with the "full game" and not only in the pvp module.

/edit

Obviously aim to buy a new gpu for it but I might be able to still use the good ol Xeon :p

17. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    4.5 with HT-on is still overkill for all games tbh, id have still stuck with mine at 4.4 if my mobo didnt die on me. Yeah they use alittle more power than newer tech but so what:)

18. undercoverb0ss

undercoverb0ss Member

GPU:
    GTX 690
    If it's priced at $999 or less I'm going to get one. I purchased a 980 G1 Gaming in November to upgrade from a 690, and while it has been a great card, I want a true beast of a card like the 690 was when I bought it.

19. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Cost is aways a factor. It doesn't matter how well it OC's, if you can go SLI cheaper and outperform it.

20. bdub5886

bdub5886 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming
    No, the price will be to much. I always end up getting the card below the top card of the year because usually the performance if not to far off from the top card.