So there we have it, are you getting an ivybridge cpu? whats your reasons why you have chosen to, or not to? I've been waiting for IB for a long time now, I have enough cash for an IB 3570K system right now...but i'm not impressed with the heat and therefore overclockability of these chips and i've never owned an intel cpu before so I want to make the right decision. I'm thinking of saving for a little while longer (1-2 months) to see if intel release a new stepping or have some magical fix for the heat these chips produce ( although im worried that they overheat simply because of the amount of transistors packed into such a small die...in which case cpu cooling will need to improve ie self contained LN2 cooling or something lol)... But if there is no fix soon, i'll have enough to go with plan B - which will be an X79 + 3820 solution which will be compatible with IB-E 8core/16thread cpu eventually....which will (hopefully) live up to our expectations this time. So that's where i'm at right now, whats you're thoughts guys? agree? disagree? keen to know if anyones thinking along the same lines as me.