Are you a pirate?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by CleavesF, Jul 30, 2006.

?

Are you a Pirate?

1. Yes. Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

89 vote(s)
    61.4%
  2. No. I pay for everything.

14 vote(s)
    9.7%
  3. Maybe/Sometimes/I don't know

42 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB
    so i dont understand theres a lot more pirates then there are non pirates... im not understanding why when someone even speaks of the world download people start whining...

2. Dr. Vodka

Dr. Vodka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
    Oh well... you caught me. I'm a pirate.

90% of the software I have is pirated. I think I only bought things when I had my first computer... now I don't. I mean, here software and games are too expensive. Say, 2x the price. What'd someone do in that case? Go legit, or go pirated? Everyone I asked said "pirated!". Every argentinian'd say the same.

The only games I legally own are UT:GOTY, UT2k3 and UT2k4. Every other game/program I have are pirated. Maybe I can't play online, but who cares? I can experience how the game/program is. Let's face it, without piracy, the wheel wouldn't move.

I still pay for the pirated goods, but they're not charging me much for it.

3. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB
    wtf do u pay for pirated goods? that sounds kinna dumb to me... those people got them for free.. why are u paying them for something they as well got for free?

4. zhackore

zhackore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 570
    Man its hard enough to pay for the hardware to run these games, but I pirate 95% of my software. The other 5% consists of windows and counter-strike source, an unopened version of Battlefield 2, Tribes 2, Tribes, Homeworld 1,2, Cataclysm, Black and White 1 and 2 (havn't touched 2 yet)... the rest are pirated. Yes I pirated Oblivion because it cost me almost 1300 dollars to buy a setup just to play it.

So thats my reasoning.

5. Dr. Vodka

Dr. Vodka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
    I pay for the pirated CDs/DVDs. I mean, why would I buy a game for 50 pesos (argentinian $$$) when I can get it for 5 pesos? I'm paying a little sum of money to have the program/game instantly, instead of waiting for my 256k broadband to finish downloading that game. I've also downloaded some games through BT...

I agree with your reasoning.

Wanna see my pirated goods?

[​IMG]

Here's my rig running BT and a box full of pirated things. Enjoy...

Last edited: Jul 31, 2006
  6. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    The Red Box is the game i own, the white box is the game i dont own. the rest of the program i own.
    [​IMG]

and to the 54 people who vote [​IMG]

7. orgnlprankster7

orgnlprankster7 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 8800GTS 512
    im not going to say to much but lets just say that everytime my doorbell rings my heart skips a beat. im waiting for the day that the FBI is there. but in the 30 seconds it takes for them to get to my room i wont have a computer anymore hehe.

8. Dr. Vodka

Dr. Vodka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
    LOL. I remember that... roflmfaomglol!!1!!!111!

9. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080ti
    i heard the anti-piracy drive is quite active there in the US? here in the Phils..you can buy pirated software in some malls..and it dirt cheap, say a about 10% of the price of the legit..
    sometimes though they can be ridiculuous..charging 300 pesos, around $6 for "act of war" when the real thing costs only 1900 pesos...or $35..if pirated prices go up, then might as well go legit..hee prices of the legit stuff have gone down a little, around say 20% so....

gotta check that open office though

10. orgnlprankster7

orgnlprankster7 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 8800GTS 512
    yea its pretty funny in the usa how retarded our goverment can be at times. i heard in the news a while back the raided a house and arrested a family and elderly woman and charged them with pirating millions of dollars of moovies and music or somthing like that and they didnt even own a computer lol infact they didnt even have cable or a tv or and were they lived it wasnt even possible to have an internet connection lol. there is our good old american inteligence. haha not the first time its screwed us over. take bush and the war in iraq.

11. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080ti
    so what happened to the family that got raided?

that sucks..it like ""oohhh dinners ready' (serves cabbage soup) then bang!!! FBI FBI..whoaa"

i remeber the scene from the orig fast and the furious (coourse the guy was bad..but the family was shocked)

12. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    Why is the rum gone... oh thats why...

13. Cycloid

Cycloid Master Guru

GPU:
    2x256MB Geforce 7800GTs in SLi

Elizabeth burnt it!

14. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    It's funny how many people here glorify capitalism and condemn communism, yet they are pirating software?
    Piracy = Communism

15. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    No it doesn't... piracy = galavanting on the high seas and stick a pointy one in those dirty land lubbers.

16. CleavesF

CleavesF Master Guru

GPU:
    Connect3d x800 GTO biosed 16 pipes
    Oh! Pwn3d.

Piracy is dangerous stuff. US commandos do "boards and seizures" all the time.

17. mauaus

mauaus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 7900GT zalman VF-900cu
    The only real pirates are here in my country, i just buy games ill play online because games here in El Salvador cost a fortune. You wont find any pc games cheaper than $70!
    Its so expensive!
    I do however buy games and whatnot when im in the states.

18. Robbie Man

Robbie Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7950GT 512mb
    Only games i own are online games IE BF2 HL :p
    i mean look 65% of us do hahah thats funny

19. winny

winny Active Member

GPU:
    OCS (Fat Agnus, Denise, Paula)
    well...

As for me, I think that peaople who haven't bigger problems than "omg what 2 buy - 2x 7900GTX or 2x 1900XTX" and still they are pirating... are LAME. There are no excuses, but I can understand a player who is pirating - cuz he don't have money even for a mid-range comp. And I don't understand a fu(c)ker, who can afford conroe and SLI monsters and still, with stupid smile on his face, is screaming "Arrrr m8ts!" BIG LOL

20. Recrofne

Recrofne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Good post, I know I always wait months before I buy games, if I'm going to buy them. I go to Wal-mart and see that $50 price tag and think, "screw this". My old computer can't run alot very well anyway, so that's another reason why I don't buy (or even play) many newer games. I figure by the time the game's price has gone down enough, alot of hardware will be cheaper too.