1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you a cat or dog person?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by StewieTech, Apr 14, 2013.

?

Which do you prefer, cats or dogs?

1. I prefer cats

53 vote(s)
    50.5%
  2. I prefer dogs

52 vote(s)
    49.5%
  1. Morpheous416

Morpheous416 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GT 750 Ti
    Cats... and they have my vote.

I like dogs.. well, other people's dogs. Raised too many of them myself.. nasty habits they have, and won't go into them here..

Who said cats are hunters? Heh.. dogs are hunters as well, and hunt in packs. From wolves all the way down to groups in neighborhoods taking out little children. Only one type of cat hunts in groups.

Some of you need to brush up on your intel regarding cats..

Tho some are very independent, others are just as loyal as a dog can be... and can be taught the same things as dogs.

They do get lonely, and very upset if left alone for long periods of time.. that's why they usually rush to the window, or door when they hear you come home, or leave a message in your shoes if you stay out too long! :D

I have a very plump, 12 year old tortoise shell who almost never leaves my side at home, and she's within 3 feet in any given room unless she's out on the balcony... as seen in this pic, just laying next to me as I write this post.
    (where she is actually waiting for me to let her out on the balcony)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
  2. Morpheous416

Morpheous416 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GT 750 Ti
    Unless you plan on just boiling it down to some domestic cats.. I'll pit any dog.. pit bull, you name it.. against a siberian tiger any day.

:D

That's like saying.. a mongoose will always kill a snake.. well, toss in a rattler and see what we get!

3. otaku

otaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800,640gts sli
    neither really, they both cover your house with hair and make it stink of piss and sh*t

4. Skarpretter

Skarpretter Member

GPU:
    Matrix 7970 Platinum
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2013

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti @ 2GHz
    I have both, and I prefer cats. They are so much easier to take care of, and can be trained like dogs. I have a Siamese and a Persian (mix) cat and both are far more intelligent that my stupid Shih Tzu.

6. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    well duh shihtzus are one of the least intelligent dogs on the planet(top 10 of dumbest dogs)

7. Dillinger

Dillinger Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Yep.

It took 18 years for my cat to finally die and because of those reasons I'm not getting another pet again.

8. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti @ 2GHz
    I'm aware of that. Regardless of what I would have said back then (I was only 10 years old) my family wouldn't listen to me and insisted on buying a Shih Tzu. Despite my protests they got yet another one. Luckily it appears to be only half Shih Tzu and is far more intelligent than the other pets, that and it's a male, the males are far more intelligent.

For some reason the official papers regarding its breed were never delivered so I still don't know what it is. I can only guess it's a Shih Poo based on its appearance. It has longer legs than Shih Tzus and it has 5 toes in the front per foot rather than 4. Do poodles have 5 toes a foot?

9. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
  10. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Both Red and Green
    ^gorgeous critters there Palerider :)

11. vidra

vidra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB
    Dogs here. I like their loyalty and their unconditional affection. Cats, I don't mind.

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Im a cat person. I have one. Like dogs aswell but dont want to pick up the fresh warm turds every time i go out with it.
    Used to have a dog (bouvier) when i lived back with my parents.

13. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I'm a dirty dog person, but never bought into the de-humanizing /anti-nature 'pick up your dog chit' baloney hysteria.
    the park is now littered with lil' plastic bags full of it because of these deviants in high places.

14. Scerate

Scerate Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    I'm too more of a cat person, since that dog accident i had when i was younger i'm a bit traumatized, i don't hate dogs but don't want some near me too for a longer period

15. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 840M
    I voted for dog although I like them both

16. Satan

Satan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some
    [​IMG]

The original gif^

I can't find the second iteration (it was slightly better), but this should suffice ;)

17. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Cats, because you don't need to walk them, nor bathe them, nor cut their hair. There are other reasons too. I've been bitten by at least 2 dogs. Sure, my cat bites me when I play with him, but the times I've been bitten by a dog it was in aggression. Plus, dog bites actually do damage.

18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Have three cats, true cat lover here :D

19. viren

viren Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960
    Cats give me the creeps, i love dogs.

20. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru