Are we ever going to get a new NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL ???

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Plug2k, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    it is though, just not by profile name :p

2. evgenim

evgenim Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 OC
    2020 was coming... Just look at that... In the top bar the icons from the Windows XP.
    How much does a good video card from nvidia cost there...?
    Nvidia, if you read this, then know - this is a complete disgrace.
    [​IMG]

theoneofgod and Smough like this.
  3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    and your point is?

read the thread and see how much we don't want it changed.

4. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Yeah it's very strange they haven't updated after all this time. AMD have gone through a few different versions, even though not great, they're much better than the old CCC imo, appearance and feature wise. If they made it scale better with high resolutions and improved the "laggy" feel it has when applying settings, etc, I think that would please most people. I know there's an alternative but that's not really an excuse for such a massive company. Imagine how they can make nice presentation about how things just work... It would be great!

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    The 'lag' when you change settings is because of the access required to write to to system/file while it is active. I agree the the universal complaint I see is how poorly some elements scale at high screen resolutions. As a work around to that issue, if you go to C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Control Panel Client right click on the CPL exe and set the scaling to "System Enhanced".

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  6. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    No such directory there for me but I'm running the DCH driver so that could be it. I found "nvCplUI.exe" in "WindowsApps", I changed the scaling for this but it made no difference.

7. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I question the lag issue though.
    If it's editing an important system file, why can't NVCP simply queue the changes you made. This way visually changes are made instantly, but actually they take however much time is required in the background.
    Also, even when you're not applying anything, simply opening "Manage 3D settings" lags, then moving to "Program Settings" gets another lag.

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its synced io because it accesses the registry and the nvidia db binaries.

async io is dangerous and can easily corrupt data even in the best of cases, i'd like to see them reimplement it with sqlite+ wal journaling.

9. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Why can't we just visually pretend the settings applied though? Is what I'm asking simply impossible?