Are we ever going to get a new NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL ???

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Plug2k, Jul 22, 2018.

1. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1060 6G
    That's a good joke :D

lukas_1987_dion likes this.
  2. hemla

hemla Member Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    Do you really want some bloated 700MB, 10% CPU usage control panel that is integrated with gfe, telemetry and other crap?

Strange Times and sapo_joe like this.
  3. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1070FTW 8GB
    Don't fix what's not broken ²

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Nvidia software looks the same since Ati era.

Amd adrenalin 2020
    Nvidia forceware 2002

:D

HandR and lukas_1987_dion like this.

5. aka2k

aka2k Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 8800 GS
    I would trade the new AMD panel for the same Nvidia performance and compatibility with emulators.

6. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    Same here. Nvidia will have to redesign at some point, but for now the old and ugly is at least performant underneath it all. When I can emulate BotW at ~45FPS on my 3570K@4.4GHz + GTX 1030 and my buddy quit playing because of how badly (between 22-32, average 25) his 8600K@4.6Gz + RX590 plays it, the fancy looking UI and installer don't mean much. :(

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  7. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    The only thing that really bothers me, is that on 4K screens the text scaling for different elements is jacked up. It would be nice if they would fix that.

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    That can be fixed, the UI elements and text are all fixed point instead of floating with the size of the window, nor are they DPI aware.

It can't be done if you want to retain the same amount of profile control as you've got.
    Even Inspector Syncs gui changes to IO to prevent the user corrupting the DRS profiles.

Reimplementing the profile system with an SQLITE database could improve performance, but that has pro's and cons too, such as white space bloat.

CEMU has vulkan now, but theres some radeon specific graphics issues due to driver bugs in their implementation.

9. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Yes I know it can be fixed which is why it is the main and obvious thing to me they have never fixed. Thus my comment and complaint.

10. Im_Special

Im_Special Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070 6GB
    This! Bu bu but it slow to load and laggy, that's because it doesn't preload with the OS on boot or constantly run in the background, people think they want a new control panel, but I can guarantee it will be "bloated" if/when we do get one. I'd keep what we have over some zoomer discord look-a-like.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    did a bit of testing, nvcpl setting changes are a fair bit quicker if you whitelist both the displaycontainer service which hosts many of the api's it uses, as well as the nvcplui.exe

12. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Nvidia's control panel is a joke. It's from Windows XP era.

Undying and lukas_1987_dion like this.
  13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Fast? Applying settings is always a 2 second waiting game.

14. artina90

artina90 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Personally I'd rather have something from the XP era that gets out of the way entirely once I am done with it rather than something future looking with broken functions and a freaking integrated chrome based browser just to bloat things a bit more.

15. evgenim

evgenim Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 OC
    I don’t know what can be good in the current panel, it does not work fast, is not convenient, and after setting 3D parameters it always throws to the top of the list. This has been going on for over 10 years. The collective farm appearance and the meager number of settings. Nvidia could put at least 5 useful settings that are available in the inspector, but... cost reduction and greed...

16. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Having seen Nvidia's redesign of their forums, I wouldn't trust them to create anything remotely usable.

I've always kind of thought that Nvidia might of intended to integrate Control Panel into GeForce Experience and we all know how much people love that piece of software, so it's really not a surprise they haven't touched Control Panel in so long, the shitstorm would be incredible.

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Nvidia also have bloatware its called geforce experience. Dont forget to login first. :D

18. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I've never even installed that once on my system. All you have to do is uncheck the box when doing custom driver install.

19. I'll bite...
    • Have you seen anything that you'd hope would inspire NVIDIA in their creative direction of a new control panel; this could be anything.
    • When you think of visual changes what examples come to mind?
    • What software would you like NVIDIA to draw inspiration from?
    • Major drawbacks, pet peeves you'd like to see disappear.
    • Redundancies, if any in the current Control Panel.
    • Compatibility Issues of note?
    • Functionality that doesn't exist now that needs to be implemented.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2019
  20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    nothing needs to be implemented, thats the problem. its all about what people want and for a good part of the wants, its entirely unwarranted as its just replicating the wheel so to speak.

just about all of nvidia's settings are exposed with nvapi so anyone could have done their own take on it, the fact nobody has speaks volumes to how small the people who actually care about this group actually is.

HandR and Deleted member 213629 like this.