Are we ever going to get a new NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL ???

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Plug2k, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Are you guys sick of the simplistic panel thats been the same forever.
    its 2018, do you guys think its lazyness on nvidia`s part not....

i really wish we had a more up to date, version than this dated old jerky version we are getting time and time again....

2. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Hell no, it's simple and working.

They could make a Modern theme, but I would be pissed if Nvidia forced me to use the new control panel with more bling instead of the old theme.

3. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Don't fix what's not broken.

iNerd, TimmyP, Dragam1337 and 15 others like this.
  4. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Nah, I'd rather they add more functionalities, if any - than update the UI. I don't really care about 'looks'.

5. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    It arguably is (broken). You still have to scroll down in the parameter list even if you stretch the window to fullscreen on a 4k display. You can't even manually resize that box. That's a very rigid and impractical design. It was fine ~10 years ago but now...?
    Although I am afraid this wouldn't change for the better (if not for the worse!) with a "modern" UI. They would probably give us some HUGE @ss buttons and text sizes optimized for people watching <30" screens from the other end of the room. Oh, and then the first versions would probably miss a lot of potentially useful old settings, so you would still need to keep both panels installed in parallel and still having to deal with the old, possible for years to come...

BlindBison, signex and cookieboyeli like this.
  6. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Hence why you shouldn't touch it. What you mentioned about scrolling, sure, and there are a couple of other small tweaks I would add here and there, but overall its solid.

7. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    See that vertical scroll bar there (inside that tiny box on the huge white background)...?
    [​IMG]

iNerd, theoneofgod, Smough and 7 others like this.
  8. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    [​IMG]

What the hell is that, is this on 4k?

norton, cookieboyeli and fantaskarsef like this.
  9. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    I hate NCP.
    Even on a super fast NVME, I hate it.

Sorry not sorry, but NCP is garbage compared to AMD drivers in response and looks.
    I despise using it on my server rig.
    AND NCP was a complete strawberry and a half and sucked when I used to have 3x21:9 monitors. Besides Nvidias broken as DVI-D with 21:9 on Windows 10, NCP was a pain in the ass to having working correctly @ 7680x1080.
    I sold both GTX 970s and got 2 R9 290x, and never regretted that switch.
    Single card use, yea NCP is fine I guess. But still hate using its laggy ass.

Smough, BlindBison and signex like this.
  10. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    I assume you didn't play too much DX11 games then. I didn't expect the switch from 290X to GTX1070 to be so clearly positive (figured it will mostly feel like a waste of money and/or I find a few things which worked better with AMD even if nVidia is better overall), especially not in games which ran fairly good with the 290X. Now I am afraid of having to switch back if nVidia won't support HDMI 2.1 VRR as soon as I can get my hands on a compatible OLED TV (since HDMI VRR is basically FreeSync).

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The 1070 is quite a bit faster not to mention other improvements in the three year span between the two GPU's plus the problems the 290 and 290X GPU's had so I wouldn't see any downsides to a upgrade like that, it might not be the 1080 but it's still a really high performing card plus no limit with 4 GB VRAM and then support for newer versions of display port, HDMI and more plus the NvAPI and other things exclusive for NVIDIA.

As for NVCP it seems fairly functional and has a good layout even if it could probably be improved on but it's not like AMD's Catalyst Next is perfect or anything, it slows down significantly and memory usage skyrockets as you add more profiles plus it polls the add/remove registry keys and automatically adds in anything it can find that matches Steam, UPlay, Origin and Battle.net's games so if you have a dozen or so games there's a notable slowdown and reduction in performance.

And then you have oddities like me keeping most of the library installed and available, 100+ titles is going to be unbearable let alone 1000+ or more though it's probably rather uncommon especially on modern systems with smaller capacity SSD's though these are in turn much faster. :)

12. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Guys, NVCPL is trash right now. It's look was last updated when 1024x768 was PCs main resolution. It's just completely outdated and can be easily improved in lots of ways.

That being said, I don't use it anyway since it doesn't provide me with what I need - and what I use in NV Inspector. So it's kinda irrelevant anyway.

Smough and signex like this.
  13. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Well, it is kind of broken since it takes ages to bring up the game profiles and you can't even search for them. OK, so not "broken", but severely lackluster.

14. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Yeah that's an area I'd like to see improvements in, general speed improvements and some features, but I couldn't care less about changing the UI to a new one that's just looking more modern

15. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    They do, its called Nvidia inspector

Smough and mbk1969 like this.

16. Slinkyminx

Slinkyminx Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    I agree, it's absolutely dated...

signex likes this.
  17. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH Love your ignorance here. I played tons of DX11 games, and guess what, they still ran good even when I had crossfire HD 7950s on a i7 950 @ 4.1 before switching to an X5650 @ 4.6. Games still ran good even with pre crimson drivers. I have been using both sides year round now since 2013, and I can tell you right now, AMD drivers have come along way.

I have had HD 7850 crossfire, HD 7950 crossfire, R9 290x crossfire, GTX 670 sli, GTX 970 sli, R9 fury crossfire all since 2014. And play around with GTX 650ti boost sli, GTX 570 sli, and even GTX 660 sli on older rigs.

I still have HD 5770 crossfire that I have tested with pre crimson drivers on older cpus vs the only crimson driver for those gpus. Yes there is a nice improvement with DX11 cpu overhead, but its not like the cpu is maxed 100% before the drive and the game unplayable before the crimson driver.

I still think NCP and nvidia drivers suck now.
    I cant wait for Nvidia to get kicked off their high horse on their ass and brought back down like AMD has done with Intel.

18. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Did you take your medication today?

Smough, signex, cookieboyeli and 3 others like this.
  19. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yeah, they sure showed them!

[​IMG]

20. Slinkyminx

Slinkyminx Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    He might be a bit enthusiastic, but that was a bit rude

iNerd likes this.