Are the latest Vista drivers at the speed of XP performance yet?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by DrHycodan, Sep 18, 2007.

1. DrHycodan

DrHycodan Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080
    For the more popular games like bioshock and oblivion.

2. yasendi

yasendi Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Geforce GTX 590
    I did not play those yet bu for games like World of Warcraft and Half Life 2 it is as XP

3. bogi

bogi Active Member

GPU:
    asus 8800gts 320mb
    i play bioshock, moha, lost planet, loki and oblivion under vista32 and they run great expecially with these new beta drivers 163.44/69, and i can say yes with all those hotfixes and new drivers vista is becoming more and more like xp for the games, but this is only my opinion

4. TylerTron21

TylerTron21 Guest

nice :)

cant wait to run the new lost planet patch in DX10. same with crysis.

5. bfGDennis

bfGDennis Master Guru

GPU:
    Bfg GTX 295
    I still dont like to run any games in vista as of yet, no point since there's hardly any dx10 games Im sticking to XP for now

6. theteamaqua

theteamaqua Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x 8800GTS SLI
    not in crysis beta .... nor 3dmark06 .... nor FEAR ,

bioshock however DX10 performance > DX9 for nv cards, but for 2900, DX9 is like 30% faster than DX10

although sli aint working for 8800 users.... on vista

and crysis beta dont support sli ... on both xp and vista

7. Ppzek

Ppzek Member

GPU:
    MSI 6870
    sorry for the offtopic..but Dennis i was totaly pwned by your avatar.

8. aparicio1

aparicio1 Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA/GTX480SLI
    i can tellyou something for sure ......I'm not going back to XP ..... VISTA is my choice now ..Especially when creative came out with its X-Fi audio console for VISTA ....So hasta la VISTA

9. Salem13

Salem13 Guest

I have no idea since the forums have become a hodgepodge of who knows what without any clear differences between XP and Vista threads.

10. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    I haven't had any issues or noticed really any slowdowns with vista over XP. using Vista Ultimate x64. Runs great.... runs games great. Only thing i recommend is that if you DO intend on installing Vista.... Dual-boot with XP for the first month or a few just to make sure that it'll run fine on your system. A lot of times it may require some tweaks here and there.... sometimes even BIOS tweaks. Vista won't run for sh*t for me if i have pretty much anything changed in my BIOS. RAM is actually running slower than it should due to this fact. could probably get it to work with some tweaking... but would rather not try and risk screwing the install. Then there's some instances where it just doesn't seem to want to work with certain bits of hardware.... such as the fact that it seems to be REALLY sketchy about whether it wants to work or not on the 680i platform.

11. dukedave5200

dukedave5200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 285 OCX - SLI
    I love vista... the OS os more stable than xp was ever for me, but games crash a little more often. That's my sense anyway. I've had vista for about 7 months so far and have never had any serious issues. I've only had my current system for about 2 months and it has been perfect for the most part.

The 680i issue is an odd one that seems to affect a lot of people. Fortunately I have had nothing but a great experience with it, and overclocking is great. Have to keep checking the voltages tho as they like to change under certain situations.

Anyway, I love Vista and gaming is on par with xp for the most part.

12. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080
    The guy is asking if the latest driver are good for Vista and some started bashing it already....sheeszh....

Anyway on topic. The new set of Drivers are really good. I am having better performance in most of my games.

13. plguzman

plguzman Master Guru

GPU:
    Diamond 4870X2
    With the 163.69 and Rivatuner 2.04 overclocking the shader I get XP performance without any problems.

And Vista 64 rocks.

14. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    i installed the M$ hotfix for nvidia cards for vista, was theyre any others that need to be installed also? it has improved FPS but theyre still not to the level of XP, im on the latest beta drivers( the ones that were recently certified )

15. Waylander

Waylander Guest

I don't see a huge amopunt of difference now tbh...

I use the latest WHQL drivers and they seem to be pretty solid for me, although I have very infrequent driver not responding errors while SLI is enabled...