ARCTIC Launches Freezer 50 TR ARGB CPU Cooler for Ryzen Threadripper

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    like what it look like but this rgb obsession needs to stop is there version with out RGB lights?

3. ladcrooks

ladcrooks Guest

GPU:
    DECIDING
    totally agree, no lights and make it cheaper

4. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Because you really have a lot of RGB in workstations..... or servers for that matter

5. This looks interesting - what's crazy is while I couldn't find it's product page (OEM one) I found it listed on Amazon by Arctic! https://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-Freezer-Threadripper-RGB-Pressure-optimised/dp/B07YCLY9YN

Now while the OEM material states "sTR4 socket" only. An Amazon user asked the following:
    • "do i need a am4 bracket for this?"
    • No, the Freezer 33 eSports Edition is compatible with AM4 socket out of the box, the mounting accessories are included in the package.
      By ARCTIC GmbH MANUFACTURER on January 12, 2018

6. Wolfskin07

Wolfskin07 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    This is the Freezer 50 TR not the 33, so that answer makes no sense, more so coming from Arctic ;)

Seems like a good cooler and I suppose the RGB functionality can be turned off ?

Arctic makes some of my favourite coolers, price/performace wise!

7. Yeah @Wolfskin07 I'd agree; I just assumed Arctic was implying the two are compatible and they included the kit from the other one. Amazon as always has a strong return policy so one could always claim "not as advertised" and notate that for the reason.

Wolfskin07 likes this.
  8. Agent_D

Agent_D Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon VII
    Cheaper? $65 USD is not very pricey for something this size, especially if it performs adequately. Just don't plug in the RGB? If their specs page is to be believed, they make it sound like a separate connector.

9. ladcrooks

ladcrooks Guest

GPU:
    DECIDING
    It does not matter if it cost $100 or $20 there is always a cost to add if RGB is added , whether in design and the manufacture ;)

10. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Just buy from Noctua whenever the product you need is released by them. They always stick with the ugliest they can possibly imagine and charge an arm and a leg if you want anything otherwise. Enjoy the grandpa Oldsmobile colours of 'Super Dull Cream', and 'That's So Ugly Brown'. No LEDs either, of course. Noctua are like Blackberry but have a commanding position in this market due to performance. If they ever lose that they'll go under from being stubborn as possible on purpose. No, I'm not paying $200 to change the colours.

11. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    Lol, really? What about the money "you" spend on a TR cpu/board in the first place?
    You want the board 10$ cheaper cause you're not using all connections?
    Will be better to just look for a MC sale, where they take off 50$, when buying both as combo, but yeah lets "whine" about 5-10$ upcharge for rgb on a cooler running a +500$ cpu :D
    They need to start doing it like with expensive cars, where less (weight) costs more.
    Rgb included, no rgb is 10% more.
    Problem solved :rolleyes:

And i never felt the need to spend the money on noctua (blue NB were cheaper) and recently even for noiseblocker/blacknoise fans, as arctic offers the same for about a third of the cost.
    At least when im looking at silent/very low rpm fans.
    Warranty being the same, i dont waste +20$ on one fan, when the arctic is 6-8$...

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    fry178 likes this.