Arctic cooling new cooler "AcceleroX2" for X1800/X1900

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by hkcadcam, Jan 10, 2006.

1. hkcadcam

hkcadcam Active Member

GPU:
    NV 9800GT 512MB
  2. WildStyle

WildStyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    We'll be reviewing a couple of the new Arctic Cooling products in the near future.

The X2 was reviewed in that link, yet since I have a GTX I'll be trying out the X1.

3. Dzhedaj

Dzhedaj Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire X800GTO 256MB @6
    Well I think they should have gone the good old silencer way and made a heatsink, that blows hot air out of the case and doesn't dump it back :)

4. mbm

mbm Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 GTX
    yes nothing wrong with the good old Silencer design.
    I was hoping to get one for my X1800XT.
    Would like to see a test with an OCed XTPE card

5. Xaser04

Xaser04 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti FE
    That is a horribly ugly cooler. I like the normal Artic silencer design better.

6. hkcadcam

hkcadcam Active Member

GPU:
    NV 9800GT 512MB
  7. David_L6

David_L6 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    Arctic Cooling products have NO manufacturer warranty

Be advised that Arctic Cooling products have NO manufacturer warranty.

Arctic Cooling may advertise that they offer a 6 year warranty, but they do NOT honor it.

I bought an Arctic Cooling video card cooler back in October. I didn't get around to installing it until December. The fan didn't work. I contacted Arctic Cooling and was told to return it to the place of purchase. The place I purchased it from offers a 30 day exchange. I was well past the 30 days so I was stuck with a piece of JUNK that didn't work.

Arctic Cooling has NO warranty on their products. If you believe different, try to have them warranty one of their products!

8. dr4gon

dr4gon Active Member

GPU:
    ATi Sapphire 4870 512MB
    oh em gee, that's huge.. lol when i got my arctic silencer 5, i thought THAT thing was huge!! lol, looks pretty sweet

9. Kon³v

Kon³v Active Member

GPU:
    Legend 7800GT
    wont be getting one of them if they release for the nvidia 7 series, to high for my HTPC case.

10. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    wild, when you review the accelero, can you compare it with other heatsinks, like the zalman and the silencer, im missing that bit of info in those reviews.

11. David_L6

David_L6 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX

Be glad that it won't fit! Arctic Cooling builds junk and falsely claim to offer a warranty. :mad:

12. WildStyle

WildStyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    The problem being I don't have any other coolers available to me right now, I'm afraid.

13. WildStyle

WildStyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't see this as a big issue, should it be a regular occurence. Arctic Cooling products are relatively cheap, and as such I'm not sure I'd bother RMA'ing their product; I'd more than likely just buy a new one and bin the broken one.

14. Ehecu

Ehecu Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD 5750
    Sorry you had a bad experience with them, but plenty of people have had their products replaced just fine. Actually though, I kinda agree with WildStyle. I'd just shell out the $30 to have a brand new one in 2-3 days rather than request an RMA and go back to stock cooling for several weeks while they sort it out. As for the build quality, I'm not going to argue ya on that one... All I can say is that from what I've seen they appear to be a pretty decent company.

Can't say I particularly like the new design, but it seems to perform alright and just from looking at the PCB, it doesn't look like they had many options to begin with. Of course if you don't like it I believe the NV Silencer 5 will work on X1800 XL/XT boards given the new mounting mechanism...

Last edited: Jan 12, 2006