Arcania Gothic 4 Demo

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Con1750, Sep 23, 2010.

1. revollucion

revollucion Active Member

GPU:
    POV gtx 580
    hello smiliar problem here.With my 5870 Cf there is a lot of I dont know how to call it maybe tearing maybe some framerate just it not smooth absolutly .thing is if I disable AI in that point only one GPU working I will get only about 35 fps but it is without any tearing ...Basicly it is not freezing or anything like that it is smooth with CF enables but you can feel its not smooth when you look around..Then i tested again with one GPU enabled only but with medium graphic setup in which point game looks not that good but that as not a point with single gpu ON MEDIUM game run like on butter !!! BEAUTIFOOL SMOOTHLY!! hope they will sort it out? This was tested with 10.5a and 10.7 profiles which giving my best FPS 10.9 giving my BSOD ;))) I allready start thinking about selling my 5870's and getting two GTX 480.

Btw game will by perfect .

Wat I dont like:

You picking anything very quickly!! I knoe it was in gothis 4 very slow but here it is lightning fast ;o)

I liked more name of th item you picking in the middle of screen instead of bottom but all of those are litlle things

2. apoc_reg

apoc_reg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Took using fraps and the games freecam at 1920x1200 max settings

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  3. dune2

dune2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Titan X Aqua
    No, that is a "feature" to allow you to not be hidden behind bushes/rocks, etc, when walking through the world. Apparently the developers thought it would help you when fighting/searching for loot, etc. You can turn it off in the men, it's the first thing I did.

On the whole I really liked the demo. More than Risen, even though I also like that game (but felt it became very repetitive in terms of gameplay). The story is OK, the quests feel more thought through and married together. The visuals are very good, except for the lip-syncing, which is poor.

I really liked how the character "became" a hero through is quest in the cave. The glowing "axe" (not sure what type of weapon it is exactly) is bad-ass!

Pre-ordered! :)

4. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240

5. apoc_reg

apoc_reg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480
    My friend let me introduce you to the CHEAT menu!

I used the free cam to fly all the way out to the ship, its literally a tonker toy looking place holder :)

Add this line before the last </Inputs> switch at the end of you Input.xml file. The file is located in you Documents->ArcaniA - Gothic 4 Demo folder.

Code:
    <Input command="cheat menu" >
    <Key code="41" />
    <Activation type="first active" />
    </Input>

You can then pull up a cheat menu using the ~ button.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Lovely thanks!

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    This game has some dreadful bugs (or perhaps it's the drivers) but seeing plants and bushes disappear in front of your eyes as you APPROACH them rather than move away just looks downright ugly IMO. I actually stood still next to a bush and rotated the camera to watch in amusement as it faded in and out of existence!!! Scenery pops in and out of view as you wander around and lends the game a bit of low-budget feel despite the slickness of the menus and lovely loading screen art.

8. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    Read Dune2's post above.

9. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    lol:D
    its in game settings menu, i think its something like enable no near grass/trees, dunno kinda weird option but you will see it, ,.. in gfx settings menu would be better.

10. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 FuryX 4GB HBM
    yeah, it's called 'enable foliage disappearing near player'..but it's much better with it turned off..

11. Arioch

Arioch Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    Nevermind, I see the foliage option has been mentioned already.

12. dune2

dune2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Titan X Aqua
    I wonder how many people will be put off the demo just because that silly option making foliage disappear is auto-enabled. Don't these guys focus group anything??

13. Arioch

Arioch Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    My main gripe is the lack of being able to force AA. A lot of games I play this doesn't seem to bother me but it looks horrible with the way the game is rendered IMHO. Even at 1080p it looks jaggerific. Maybe I can play some console games for a while and then it won't look so bad to me :p

14. zeljkoni

zeljkoni Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX660 twin frozr OC
    Its a driver problem i hope NV fix it soon

15. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    I honestly don't understand how people think it's a bug. Features similar to this have existed since the late 90's in PC games, and this one is so obviously a feature. I remember seeing it in the first few videos they released of Arcania and never once thought it was a bug.

16. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O

[​IMG]

17. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Just downloaded it and its a great RPG, very beautiful too. Runs decently on my 4670 , i am sure it will run much better when i get my 5670 or on my already 9800gt, which i put aside.

18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    My GTS250 is chocking at 1920x1080 giving 18-23fps maxed out.

Need to upgrade card before i play full game.

19. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    Played the demo, the lip sink along with the english voice acting is very crappy, so unless you play the german version it can get anoying. The atmosphere of the game is nice, though the poor performance I get at max settings turned me down, don't get me wrong I know my gpu is ancient but meh, I hoped for at least some decent frames (it never breaks 30 and can get as low as 15). The game itself has some potential even though it's very diffrent from the Gothic series (no surprise here really), sadly I will probably only buy it after I get my hands on a AMD 6000 series card.

20. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    Just turn ambient occlusion and shadow detail down a bit and it will run fine. The game may be trash but the engine is solid, and runs completely appropriately in my opinion.