Apply 3D Clock without Catalyst Control Center

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Generic Discussion' started by Hvitakristr, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Hvitakristr

Hvitakristr Member

GPU:
    ATi Radeon HD 4850
    I decided to download the Catalyst 7.7 Display Driver without Control Center. I do have the latest version of ATi Tray Tools installed. But I am wondering if this utility will apply the correct 3D clocks in Windows Vista, and how can I confirm this?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2007
  2. Manaplayer

Manaplayer Member

GPU:
    Powercolor HD3870
    Just open the hardware tab->Overclocking settings,it will show the current clocks...
    Or put your cursor over the ATT icon in the taskbar,it will show the clocks!

3. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    ATT will not apply your 3D settings if you will not ask it to do. But! If you wil not touch Overclocking in ATT then your 3D clocks will be applied by Catalyst itself. No CCC required to do this. You need CCC (or ATT) to adjust values for OverDrive

4. Hvitakristr

Hvitakristr Member

GPU:
    ATi Radeon HD 4850
    I know that, but I used the Monitoring Graphs as it were much easier to see how the clocks changed that way.

I have no more than a display driver and the ATi Updating Utility. I monitored the GPU clocks with the Monitoring Graphs in ATi Tray Tools. Neither of these clocks did change while in Oblivion. My standard clocks are 594:695, but how do I enable it's 3D clocks, and know how these should be set while default (without overclocking) on the card?

5. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    It should work. At least it works on my X1800XT, but may be for X1950Pro you should unlock it with Catalyst before using.
    Or you can try to change OverDrive 3 settings in ATT and check it again.

6. at0msk

at0msk Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Toxic HD3870 512
    Wow, really good english here Ray. After reading post after post I would have to say that your grammar and use of the english language is 'spot on' here. I actually understood what you were trying to say!

7. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Is it joke? :) English in not my native language and I learn it by myself. :)