Application Detection Broken - Windows 7 64

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Drek, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Drek

Drek Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD2600 XT
    I'm running Windows 7 64 bit Pro, and application detection isn't working so that profiles don't load when I start a game. The 3D environment detection is working fine, it is just the application detection that isn't working.

I do have the profiles pointing to the correct executables. This happens in all profiles. I thought maybe there was a conflict with Fraps, but it doesn't work whether Fraps is running or not.

I'm running the latest beta of ATT, build 1486 and UAC is disabled and ATT is running as administrator.

Ah, another piece of important information. Application detection isn't working for my Logitech G9 either, although it is working for my G15.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  2. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I have W7 64 bit installed and all 32 bit applications detected by ATT. 64 bit game and application are not supported for autodetecting and OSD rendering.

This is strange, but some anitvirus applications also can block ATT from detecting. Do you have one?

3. Drek

Drek Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD2600 XT
    I've discovered it is working for one application, and not for another, and my SetPoint application detection is working now. It isn't working for the Ultima Online Enhanced Client, but it is working for a game called Open General. The Ultima Online Enhanced client is a 32 bit application.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it. If I have problems with other applications as well, I'll post back, but for now we'll just say it is a problem with that application. I might try posting on their forums, the devs are pretty active and it might actually be something that they can fix.

Thanks for the response.

edit: And now that I've fiddled around a bit more, it might not be that the application detection isn't working, it might just be that the colour profile isn't loading for some reason.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010