[Application] Color Sustainer - ICC Profile Enforcer

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by yasamoka, Feb 3, 2014.

?

Do you use Color Sustainer in Global mode or in Mode-specific mode (v1.03.1+) ?

1. Global mode

34 vote(s)
    65.4%
  2. Mode-specific mode

9 vote(s)
    17.3%
  3. A mix of the two

9 vote(s)
    17.3%
  1. JaylumX

JaylumX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 TI 12G
    When i try to associate to my own icm colour profile, the button is read and when i get back to it the settings do not stick.

I am using Amd card, window 7 and Yamakasi 120hz monitor

Thanks in advance

2. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Hey there. Upload your color profile to a file sharing host and link me to it via PM, I'll see what's up. Red means that it has failed to parse the color profile.

Meanwhile, try these out:
    http://rapidshare.com/share/92A7F889...26163134E51D86

Just to see if they work or not.

3. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Nice yasa. :)

:thumbup:

4. JaylumX

JaylumX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 TI 12G
    Done

5. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Hmmm, interesting ICM profile format. Afraid I didn't factor in parsing for ICC profiles that are not v4.

Just wondering, did you produce this yourself with a colorimeter? Or you got it from someone else / the internet?

Will send you a build that can parse this I guess, but I'm curious to know.

6. JaylumX

JaylumX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 TI 12G
    I got it from this this fellow

Edit: Btw thank you

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  7. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    this looks pretty interesting... right now im using PowerStrip to force a profile at startup. Will try this when i get home. :)

8. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Ahh, nice.
    I made a temporary solution that worked with me (with your profile ofc).

We're going to use a 3rd-party profile loader to load the color profile, then grab the gamma ramp loaded into Windows with a small applet I made just now.

Download ArgyllCMS.

Extract ArgyllCMS, you'll find an executable named "dispwin" in there. Navigate, using cmd, to the bin folder containing this executable (for example: "cd C:\Argyll_V1.6.3\bin\"), then type dispwin [directory of profile]. The profile will be loaded.

There's a point in using a 3rd-party loader over Windows, particularly seeing you have an AMD card. This explains it.

Then, download the small applet here.

Note that this might work only with Color Sustainer. I dump all the information that Color Sustainer does not read from the ICM profile and focus only on the 3x256 matrix that contains the RGB value mappings grabbed in the gamma ramp.

Run the applet, and a file "Profile.icm" should be generated. Load that into Color Sustainer and it should work (for any profile out there that dispwin can read - all of them?).

Tell me how it goes, and you're welcome!

*Chest thump*

9. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    Sounds like an great app one question does it support both Nvidia and AMD gpu's??
    Will definitely download to try it out.
    Hopefully this will be the perfect tool to create custom color profiles based on different resolutions too.
    Because i use a 32 inch 1080p lcd tv as my monitor and only by selecting the native res (1080p) or (720p) i get great vibrant colors as they should be.
    Selecting any other res other than the above i mentioned the colors are all washed out,and look terrible.

10. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    does anyone know an easy way to export my current ICC profile? I didnt realize powerstrip keeps it in the registry, lol...

11. JaylumX

JaylumX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 TI 12G
    Seems to be in working order. Thank you.

BTW do you plan on having a feature to enable the profile for all resolutions, like a batch enable feature?

12. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    You can just add them separately?

Actually nvm. :D

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  13. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    I did this and its working! I switched from 1920x1080@60hz to 59hz and then back to 60hz and it definitely applied the gamma scale i wanted :)

I have to go to work right now, but later i will try restarting my pc to see if it runs automatically. I am using Windows 8.1 if that matters.

14. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Yes! Yes I do!

It's coming sooner or later.

15. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Sorry for the late replies guys.

Definitely works for all GPUs, though I'm finding that Intel GPUs sometimes give issues with detection and such. Would have looked into it further if only I had a system with an Intel iGPU (I hate them with a passion).

Didn't fully understand what you would like to do with the application, but give it a go and tell me what you have done.

Was about to suggest you take a look at the solution I gave to JaylumX. Seeing as you already did so, good to know it worked for you.
    Waiting for your feedback.

16. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Feedback Time!

Version 1.03.2 here.

Simply right-click on the monitor to get the option.

Extract executable into Color Sustainer v1.03 directory and launch it there. Backup your current Tree as this will update it to v1.03.1 (cannot be read by v1.03). Don't forget to re-enable startup options from v1.03.1 if you want that version to run at startup.

Please try and make it crash. Change from Global to Mode-specific and vice-versa, while having a (active) profile at a certain mode / global profile, start and stop the loop, delete modes (active), monitors (active), etc... so I can make sure there are no apparent bugs and publish this.

Thanks.

EDIT: Changed to v1.03.2

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  17. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    yasamoka great work! Congrats! :thumbup:

One question please. Does it work with downsampling? If so how do I go about it if its not too much trouble(or a link/guide to read will do also).

Using 2560x1440 and 3840x2160 downsampled resos btw.

18. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Thanks!

Downsampling relies on custom resolutions that are reported by Windows and detected by Color Sustainer. Just click on Detect and the rest should be intuitive.

19. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    Could you clarify please, does this mean that Color Sustainer won't actually make fullscreen games use the calibrated colour profiles? It seems that using Fullscreen Windowed mode in certain games (e.g. ArmA3) leaves the colour profile activated, so that's a workaround although obviously not all games offer such a mode or might run slower than in fullscreen, so it would be nice if Colour Sustainer does allow me to use games fullscreen.

20. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Excellent little program along with the icm profiles posted in the thread helped me improve my displays colours. I had a problem setting the Samsung profile for my display other than that works fine.