Apple Unveils Vision Pro AR Spatial Computer: For Immersive Digital Experiences.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 6, 2023.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    mbk1969 and fantaskarsef like this.
  2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Pretty expensive toy... but then again it's apple so it makes sense.

3. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    Hmm, what ever. :confused:
    certainly looks neat though.

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    More a proof of concept "product" than anything else.
    It's a glimpse into the future though on the software side I believe.

5. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I would definitely love to have enough "FU" money lying around to be able to buy and use this. But its way out of my miserable budget - we are not all on crazy high six-figure (100-300k) American developer salaries!

6. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Militech Apogee
    it's in the price range of good headphones.

7. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090
    I have to admit I am quite hyped...

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Sure..... if you want very expensive "good" headphones.

9. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Yeah it's definitely not for mainstream at that price, I'll more likely pick up a Quest 3 later this year, £499 is more my budget right now.

10. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Stop supporting Apple. You know how their products are made and where right? Why don't you read up on Foxconn and see how the people working there are pretty much prisoners! Not to mention all the child slave labor. These companies are so evil and do not give a crap about anything except money. Don't give me that crap about its too expensive to make in the U.S. , that B.S.! So they won't make as much of a profit.. So what! They will still be one of the top companies. Seriously, how much money is enough? I'll never buy another Apple product and any other product from a company with practices like this..

PinguX and wavetrex like this.

11. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    You are not wrong , but if you want to not break this habit your diet is going to become rough ! Check Nestle and all the companies they own .... Most likely over 50% of edibles in store selfs coming from em ! And as we talk about evil they done it all ... Dry out areas with their bottling water selling back the water ....in huge profit ....and benefit from the droughts THEY caused, get involved in coups ....slave labor on chocolate farms ... Missinforming 3rd world countries mothers with baby formulas with free samples juuuust enough for the mother's to stop lactating! In resaults of a lot of infants dieing of malnourishment or straight up bad water.... And man the list goes on and on and on for decades!

12. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Very good headphone is starting around 20 000 Euro (and you need the headphone amp to move it right to really enjoy it).
    About those glass, they are not expensive for the hardware onboard... But when you see that 10% of working people are below poverty index...
    But the idea is still great.

13. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Just a funny idea of what hype could be with it:
    [​IMG]

fantaskarsef likes this.
  14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    That is not something your average person goes and purchases or even considers as something that exists within the realms of items worth spending money on...... maybe Drake? sure... Snoop Dogg.. probably has like a cupboard full of them.

It's a thread about some crappy apple product., why the feck are we even talking about headphones for millionaires.

15. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Meanwhile I am in love with my 60 euros Bluetooth taotronics !

16. Catspaw

Catspaw Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080/8GB
    Is this an article or an ad?

17. Catspaw

Catspaw Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080/8GB

I wouldn't say they start at 20K.

Sennheiser HD600, Audeze LCD-1/MM-100 are around 400 bucks and are amazingly good.

Yes, You can buy a Hifiman Susvara, the Sennheiser Orpheus or the Abyss, but those are NOT where good audio quality starts, its where it ends.

18. PinguX

PinguX Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Agreed!

Apple have no issues with slave labour and tax avoidance, its all about profits for them

They charge £950 for a monitor stand (use to be £1000 so way more "reasonable" price in their eyes)

19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Apple price for sure,
    I think i done with apple now. There engineer has been have me do same thing over and over since 16.xx OS on my ipad, even replaced I still have same issue i had since getting 16.xx super abnormal drains talk 20% with nothing running or even open in 10 hours even from clear itunes restore and nothing restored, it like there trying to make me go away, altest there enginnering people

Till this 16xx OS i never had problem with or there OS now that even the "replaced" ipad is out it 90 day warranty they just hoping i go away, that I ripped into them for ghosted me twice when I was trying to give this resolved while warrenty was still till decided to give the benefit of doubt wait for updates which fixed nothing

I give props to the advisor which actaul one there supervisors they going out way so far to help with this, but even they are getting the run around be told to do same thing over and over again

Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
  20. moo100times

moo100times Master Guru

GPU:
    295x2 @ stock
    I honestly wonder how it's going to drive games at 2.6 x 4k screens worth of resolution to supposedly render with an m2 chip. Also that promotional vid did not come across to me as well as they wanted it to.

Imagine how little that kid feels love when your birthday your dad has to be on the device when you blow your candles out.