Apple Unveils the New iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 11, 2019.

1. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    well just view each person different than you, and nothing that irrational and stupid anymore
    you urself might have ur priority that for u worth enough to line up in front of a store for several days
    although i myself would not never camping just for "mass-produced-products", but it just matter what worth for a personal.
    i personally have few experience lining up(although never camp) usually for limited-items.

other than that, there also "company-way" to create the hype... those paid campers
    except u blindly believe those camper all are real-die-hard-fanbois

there many news over the world, people lining-up for hours just for tapioca-bubble-drink ... so its not just certain country
    https://kotaku.com/japans-bubble-tea-boom-is-creating-long-lines-and-lots-1836370938
    https://mothership.sg/2019/05/japan-young-people-bubble-tea-obsessed-why/
    in japan especially, its quite often people lining-up for some quite time just for food/drink...
    now i ask u, why queue if we can just find other else to eat/drink ?

if camping in front of store already worst, then in asia (the vids is in china? cmiiw) :

these people zergling and fighting over a printed T-Shirt
    those uniqlo kaws t-shirt been sold out everywhere in asia (not-only china, not sure how in US or EU), and not sure what cause&start the hype

human is interesting isnt it ?

2. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    There are certainly numerous cases of people lining up to buy a product (there was even some of that for Zen 2), but with Apple it was something of a tradition. Interviews with some of the participants indicated that at least some were doing it for the experience (of taking part in the phenomenon) while others may have been paid to do it. The thing is, the latter is probably the only justifiable reason I can think of - if someone paid me a full day's wage to wait in line in front of a store, I'd do it.

I'm not saying that lining up for a product is always stupid. If a product is in short supply or if you absolutely need to get one as a present or otherwise (e.g., holiday shopping) then it would make sense. Lining up for an iPhone wasn't about that though - it was about the prestige of owning the first one. It's like the ultimate first-world problem - the problem of not being the first to own a new product from your favorite company.

3. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    still those maxi-pads have no wings...

4. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    A full day's wage only? I would prefer going to work and be busy than be bored to death waiting for 8 hours in front of a store. :p

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019

5. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG RTX 6090 Ultra
    https://light.co/camera
    [​IMG]
    Unfortunately it's a dumb idea that didn't work in practice and they stopped producing it (totally expected)

6. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Maybe I am getting old, but I am not too big on how a phone looks; as long as it's lightweight and not too bulky. Plus, I always slap a thick cover on every phone I buy, so it doesn't really matter what the phone looks like because no one can really see it lol

HandR and Serotonin like this.
  7. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    That won't really help the iPhone 11. The part that looks ugly is the camera, and that's always exposed (if anything, a case will only make the camera stand out more).

8. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Did anyone solve more stringent humanity issues? There are far more important things now than this.
    But hey, colours to suit every taste, right?
    For me, it's a meh! launch.

9. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    It's a hard pass for me on this one. I am not a fan of those lenses either. Steve Jobs is probably rolling in his grave right now lol

10. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Those triple lenses are an eyesore. Leave it to Apple to make products that look like an eyesore (looks at 2013 Mac pros)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019

11. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Getting iPhone 11 Pro Max with iPhone XR Trade In Total of $729.

12. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I heard the Note 10/10+ have no headphone jacks and that Samdung phones from now on won't have them. I guess I'm never buying a Samsung phone again. I'm assuming LG will continue producing their V series which have dedicated high end headphone DAC/amps built in. I have good wireless earbuds, but that doesn't change the fact that at home I want to use my wired headphones on my phone. I'm always going to do that, so Samdung, Apple, and all those other rooster smokers can shove their "truly wireless" earbuds in their ugly floss-container looking charging stations up wherever their species traditionally cram things. They're so shameless that they're definitely not the same species as us.

The 11 Pro Max for $729 if you trade in your XR? Is that USD and does that include tax?

13. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    I have ancient iphone SE that I have built myself from few broken and damaged phones , it works .

14. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Smartphones have reached a level of sophistication and maturity that means that innovation is almost impossible. After all what else can they do with a smartphone? Transform into a pistol? Double as a coffe maker?....

Personally i would prefer if they concentrate in increasing the battery performance and into making compact phones again because i don´t want/need a phone the size of a small brick!!!...

ZXRaziel likes this.
  15. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    FYI, the phone comes with USB-C earbuds. They're also AKG-branded buds so they're fairly decent quality (about equal to the AKG buds that came with my S8+). The USB-C buds also work on my PC so they're good for any device with a USB-C port.

IMO, the problem with Apple eliminating the headphone jack was that they did it too early. The iPhone 7 had no wireless charging capability so you couldn't charge and use headphones at the same time. Although I use wireless buds nowadays, I can both charge my Note 10 and listen with wired buds. IMO, Apple should have implemented inductive charging on the iPhone 7.

They're already doing this. Battery sizes have gone up (e.g., 4300 mAh on the Note 10+) and bezels have decreased, allowing a large screen on a smaller device.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019