Apple Unveils the New iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    How is that any different than the sheep that buy the latest Galaxy Note?

airbud7, vbetts and Denial like this.
  2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    but muh pennnnnnn /s

airbud7, cryohellinc and Loophole35 like this.
  3. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    Y'know - I actually thought a few years back (when it was the 10th anniversery) that Apple would release a low-end iPhone that looked exactely the same as the original, just with updated tech inside of it.

I was prepared to hand over some $'s for that, but no, they released a phone that cost more than a television, and was only marginally better than the existing phone.

Nothing has changed, and so - who in the flipperty-frack is buying these phones at these price points?

I did like the iPhone SE, and really wished I bought one, because I damaged my 4s and still miss that model.

These phones are just...so unnecessary.

4. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I have to agree. While I am impressed with the CPU and GPU performance of this new phone, I said to my wife yesterday before the announcement that unless it's USB-C and 5G I will not upgrade. My wife is still on a 7 and I'm on the 8+.

I like the new Note and Pixel 3 but my experiences with android have been pretty lack luster when compared to iOS.

SerotoNiN likes this.

5. asturur

asturur Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    I mean people can still buy their expensive gadgets right?
    Sometimes people want the most exclusive not the best bang for the buck.

6. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 1080ti
    on that website Hilbert mentioned about the 3900x recently here's what you can buy right now LG OLED65C8 (65", 4K, OLED) 2018 model with 5/5 stars in reviews for 1599CHF 1463€
    or you can buy a 2080Ti for cheaper but in that case not such a good value for your money ><

Loobyluggs likes this.
  7. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti @ 2GHz
    It's going by their own 2017 standards which were super butt-fugly at release. Now it just looks like a joke that's not even funny. Compared to my (approaching to 2 year) old Samdung phone, those designs look like they were made by a visually and mentally impaired child, who was severely limited by decades old technology. It borders on sad, it's definitely pathetic, and people will still line up in the rain to buy it...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  8. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    yup yup yup

9. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    I am feeling so much lucky to have other smartphone companies other than Apple in this world. Or else we would have stuck with these ugly designs for ages that's not even funny.
    Just think about people from alternative realities where only one company in smartphone industry exists "Apple" . What would they think of a galaxy s10 or s10plus ." A phone from a distant future" - right?

10. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I dunno man, the notch was one thing (ugly but tolerable) but this takes it to a while new level. Seriously, it looks like a cluster of pimples on the back - of all the multi-camera designs, this is by far the ugliest. It's like Apple is deliberately trolling their users, seeing how far people will tolerate their BS (like the $999 monitor stand and the gold Apple Watch).

They don't stand outside in the rain for days to own the first one :p

11. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PC VEGA64 Red Devil
    At a time when other phones makers (Android) are trying to reduce the size of the notch, is it me, or the notch on the new iPhone!! as big if not bigger vis-a-vis the iPhone X/XS? I'm looking forward to the day when we can have bezel less screen with no notch as camera lens is hidden under the screen.....though folding phones do intrigue me. Gonna take a look at a demo Galaxy Fold this weekend with a bud.....

12. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    And this is a bad thing how? If I owned a business the sold products I would strive to create the buzz and passion from consumers that Apple is able to create. Anyone that tries to twist this into a negative against the product or company is just envious.

13. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Phones these days are more evolutionary than they are revolutionary. I only upgrade if my current phone is really lagging behind in performance. My iPhone 7 Plus is still going strong, and I think it can last me another year until they announce the next iPhone. I have a feeling they are holding back on many major features for 2020 (aka the start of the new decade). There is nothing major happening in this year's iPhones.

14. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Umm, I am not criticizing the company, I am criticizing the fans of that company. What those fanboys are doing is irrational and stupid - no product is worth waiting outside for days on end, just for the privilege of owning the first one (it's like the ultimate e-peen contest).

ManuKey likes this.
  15. ManuKey

ManuKey Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    Hmmm, I hope they solidified the anti suicide nets at Foxconn facility to be ready for mass production!

#dirtybloodycorporation

16. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti
    The suicide rate at foxconn, even prior to the nets, was lower than the national average for China.

17. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Not sure where you live, but that's not a thing anymore, at least not in my area. People just order the thing online, and activate it when it arrives. Though, there is always those few extreme fanboys for every brand that will camp out in front a store a day in advance knowing damn well there will be no line smh

18. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    I wouldn't mind dumping my iphone and moving to Android. But the Android phones (plural) I've had degraded quickly in performance and web surfing always had this weird skip when scrolling up and down the page. They boast all this ram and cpu power but always seem to trail behind Apple in normal use performance.

As for the iPhone 11, looks pretty lackluster. I was more interested in the software options coming like Apple Arcade than I was the hardware.

Loophole35 likes this.
  19. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Yeah, I read about this. Still boggles my mind that there were people who took time off from work (I assume they all had jobs?) to line up in front of a store for several days. It's not like there were shortages or anything - people just did it for pride or recognition.

I recently switched to a Note 10+. The biggest difference that I've noticed is the amount of RAM - 12 GB compared to the 4 GB on my S8+. I can pretty much run any number of apps I want, which was a major complaint I had with my S8+ (most annoying was how it would shut down Audible when running a demanding game). My phone currently shows 5.9 GB being used so it's no surprise why my S8+ couldn't keep up. The 4300 mAh battery was also a major factor, as I'm constantly using my phone and battery life is very important to me.

SerotoNiN likes this.
  20. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    I was Android for about 6 years until I have had enough. Android has always been about specs and customization, with the latter becoming a headache as your priorities in life shift. If you are looking for a unified user experience with consistent and predictable performance, then you go with iOS. iMessage is another big factor to consider, especially if all your friends and family are using it as well. iMessage's experience is better than just about every native texting app on Android. I am hitting my 4 year mark with iPhones now, and I don't think I will switch anytime soon. I like my timely updates, among many other things.

Recognition, probably lol