Apple targets Epic Games, claiming that its store will not turn a profit until 2027.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 9, 2021.

1. TimmyP

TimmyP Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    I probably wouldn't have played some of the games as much as i did because of GCW. So nice to just fire them right up, no disc. I honestly couldn't even imagine my computing history without that site.

Its unreal how long they have been around, and that they haven't changed a thing in all this time.

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    @TimmyP

There were game I have not choice but to use the cracks cause Game didnt lauch or run correctly with disc. Driver comes to mind. IF i ran the game with disc in the game launched and ran but there MASSIVE skipping and stop go in the gameplay caused by the disc if I took the disc out after it launched the game the skipping and stop and go went away. just to have put the disc back in next time i launched the game and remove it.

I cracked every single one of C&C game back then too cause I was play all them via modem connection with uncle on daily basis and got tired of swamping disc. all my game i bought back in disc era of pc game where cracked so i didnt have swap disc constantly. I did learn pretty fast back them make sure adblock was enabled for the site which around same time I dediced surfing the interent without a adblocker was bad idea very very few site are whitelisted

3. TalentX

TalentX Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3090 SuprimX
    I guess you didn't get the point.
    Privacy is a right granted to individuals that underpins the freedoms of expression, association and assembly all of which are essential for a free and democratic society.

It's also not like I was telling you that you have to avoid EGS. If you value your "free" games provided by EGS to be more worth than your privacy, then this is your decision to make. But it's not OK to misframe the whole debate by your invalid argument.

4. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    I assume you have no issue with Steam, Origin or Uplay then? Or is it only an issue if they use your data in the same manner as EGS does but charge you for the games instead of giving you them for nothing?

Uses internet, assume you have a smart phone, you've never bought anything from ANY retailer EVER that's asked for your details? I mean if you seriously think you've managed or have actually managed to keep everything about you private then more power to you but this whole privacy thing is one of the WEAKEST arguments I've seen about why people won't use EGS, especially given that there ARE actual legit reasons not to use the service.

I thought this argument between these two had been wrapped up... well more it just seemed to fizzle away to nothing! But nope here we are Apple still trying to say that their store policy isn't a big ole pile of sh*te and Epic still trying to dictate how others run their stores. I wonder how much the free games have been factored in to whatever numbers Apple is pulling out of it's a*s to justify this rather weak line of counter argument?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
    0blivious likes this.

5. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
  6. Embra

Embra Maha Guru

GPU:
    6800xt Nitro+
  7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    ^ will be appealed.

8. Guru3Dmember

Guru3Dmember Active Member

GPU:
    6Gb
    UT4 is free, however it was left in alpha stage and has networking issues

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
  10. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    I am sure glad I own zero Apple products and I never have. :)

11. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    I'm taking their free games hoping they'll improve the client. But i'm still waiting. Every time it's updated i don't see any change. Still can't tag games ... a basic feature that should have bee available day 1. It's the same with the XBox app. I subscribed to game pass because it's a good deal but man the client ... started to download forza yesterday and i was at 80GB of 100GB. Went to bed and paused the download. Resumed the download today and it resumed at 35GB instead of 80GB ... like really ...

12. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    This sounds like good news for smaller developers, from what I've been reading. If they can avoid the 30% Apple tax, more apps will be viable and we could see new ideas rise up from this.

13. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
  14. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    Apple one of biggest game studio in the world, never ever made a single game.
    Also, games are main revenu source for apple store by quite a margin. Game developers is where Apple makes its money.

aa.jpg

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
    tunejunky likes this.
  15. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    apple is just scared. they are shitting in their pants to lose their golden eggs chicken.