Apple is at it AGAIN

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Little, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little

Little Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070S 2.1/15.8
    apple never ceases to amaze me with what they try to get away with.

this is just the latest thing they were granted. http://9to5mac.com/2011/10/25/slide-to-unlock-patented/

a couple weeks back they were trying to patent illuminated computer cases. http://www.tomshardware.com/news/ap...-illumination-light-driver-backlit,13609.html

there are countless others out there too. how will the illuminated cases affects aftermarket lights and such? they just announced that they are working on a TV which should be out late 2012 to early 2013. they are entering the TV market. oops i mean they are INVENTING TVs. i guess these big electronic audio/video displaying devices that we have had for 50+ years are fiction. cant wait to see how it all plays out

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  2. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    Love the video in it, Shes says "Right to Left sweep" x2 when she is sweeping left to right!!...lol

but really APPLE!?!?!?!?! WTF

3. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    They tried...to patent LED's ...in computer cases?

4. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    The US patent system needs some cleaning and these kind of patens need to be removed.

Apple and others will keep trying as long they get some of these kind of patens.

5. WindtalkerCS

WindtalkerCS Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 280's
    You say that like every company doesn't try and patent things that are ridiculous.

And if you cut through your apple hate you will see, Apple isn't trying to get away with anything, they are getting these patents.

This is simply a perfect example of why the patent system needs to be reformed and this ridiculous stuff be disallowed.

6. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    i won't be surprised if apple actually pays their way to get these patents.. i mean, the US patent office isn't that stupid are they?

7. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Why was this moved to the front page? We're all in deep doodoo if the Apple Fanboy arrives. :p

8. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  9. Svein_Skogen

Svein_Skogen Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX570, ASUS+eVGA
    Actually Apple got the patent-attempt rejected in Europe due to prior art (quite a lot of it, actually).

I do however think that the solution to this (worldwide) is that suppliers should dumb down products sold in the US not to violate any patents, while selling the full version in regions that has a somewhat sensible excuse-for-a-patent-office.

USPTO is patently ludicrous.

//Svein

10. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Goes to show that the USPTO is broken, just like the CRTC (Canadian version of FCC) is broken in Canada.

deltatux

11. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    I'm pretty sure you can't patent something people have been doing for years.

12. king-dubs

king-dubs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X (Pascal) + X34
    Well, they just did.

13. Atlas

Atlas Maha Guru

GPU:
    290 x2, Saphire reference
    The original patent application got rejected in court in the Netherlands. Apple has changed the application a bit, so I'm not sure it will be rejected again.

Apple is doing what the rest of the corporate world is also doing, trying to protect their intellectual property. Over here in Europe we always have a good laugh at the patents that are accepted by the US patent office.

However, I do see prior art when it comes to led in computer cases...

14. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    Man, HDD factories get flooded... can't something good happen for once like Apple buildings getting hit by meteorites... all of the at the same time, preferably with the high ranking douches in them at the time.

15. Svein_Skogen

Svein_Skogen Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX570, ASUS+eVGA
    Next time, ask NASA to dump a tungsten-carbide crowbar from orbit onto the cupertino building. ;)

//Svein

16. Thug

Thug Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Why are you that bothered?
    Is it because you want your tech to be more like Apples and if it cant then you think that Apple are 'trying to get away with it'.
    Just goes to show it must be a good idea if you are creating threads to show your disgust/annoyance/jealousy (delete as appropriate).

17. Little

Little Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070S 2.1/15.8
    what a complete toolbag fanboy. i dont even own a "smart phone." how can patenting something that has been in use for years a "good idea?" this was on palms over 7 years ago called gridlock. apple just patents any and everything they can so they can whine, cry, and sue because they know that they arent competition anymore. for gods sakes they patented the shape of square. no one can make anything "square like" because it would infringe on "their patents"

18. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
  19. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    IBM filed for a patent on "the patent process".....so far, it hasn't been rejected yet that I'm aware of. If IBM is granted the patent (which I fully expect), the US Patent system will have to change....

20. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    i patent patenting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.