Apple iPad announced

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    The reason behind no Flash, is because Flash is the devil.

It uses way too many resources, it's not updated across multiple OS's enough, it's closed source, and there's always security risks.

Now Adobe want Apple to open up parts of the OS for Flash, Apple are refusing because it comprismises the security of their devices.

Hence why it's not on the iPhone and iPad.

Plus, there is no reason for Flash and Apple are pushing for the HTML5 standards which is much better than Flash.

Now if you want to complain about things, people need to make sure as to why they aren't doing some things.

As for everyone else complaining, it's a PC forum, people complain about Apple because they feel it's too expensive and too pretty.
    They ignore the fact that they integrate hardware themselves, software and make a complete package. Which is why you see no other devices that remotely work as well with Software and Hardware and Integrate things so easily.

As for the other missing things, they kind of suck, but remember this is the first revision, and it's something they haven't done for a long long time, so it will definitely improve.

Even if you are using this purely as a Desktop device with the kick stand, to view photos, manage your calendar, listen to music and check your emails, it's a far nicer option then going a full blown computer, when a lot of people just use it to check emails and manage their day.

There IS a market for it, it's just some people bitch and moan because no one else has done it as good as Apple, and the name automatically means they should hate them.

Because obviously they have no brain in their head to have their own thought and analyze as to whether or not the device is actually good.

2. Nafta

Nafta Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950/HD4000 MVP
    Thank you Finchwizard for explaining about flash support.

And developers seem so be happy and excited about the iPad

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/01/29/excitement-about-ipad-a-large-screen-multi-touch-platform/

http://joehewitt.com/post/ipad/

3. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Weird that you want to use plethora of wireless gadgets when they could integrate stuff in the tablet. Smart phones offer better features, this is totally unacceptable for a tablet.
    Come on... Even you don't believe that.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  4. Nafta

Nafta Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950/HD4000 MVP
    How cool, a printer and DSLR etc inbuilt in the tablet. Yes I want one :)

5. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I didn't meant that of course. It lacks many things that should be standard stuff for tablets.

6. Nafta

Nafta Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950/HD4000 MVP
    So what is standards among tablets? There are so many released at the moment.

7. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    I find it rather funny how they defined the "market" for this device. It's supposed to be a step up from a netbook, crappier than a MacBook (which I suppose is a huge effort in-and-of itself), and similar to an iPod Touch. I think they'd have been better off making a monitor that hooks up to the iPod Touch and/or iPhone as it'd be far better than this junk. It lacks features that the iPod Touch has, costs more, and only has a bigger screen to show for it. I fail to see innovation what-so-ever. Although you don't need to really innovate to figure out that you don't remove features from a product, give it a mark up, and call it new (or in their case "Magical").

Provided this device lives long enough to see a 2nd or 3rd iteration I'm sure it'll eventually have all the features it should have started off with, much like how the iPhone finally became what it should have been once the 3GS and OS 3.0 came out. Only took, what, 3 years for that to happen? I'm sure plenty of the brainwashed masses will buy their stuff since they seem to be marketing gods and little more. How a POS like the original iPhone enough lasted long enough to get to 2nd gen is a bit of a mystery to me.

8. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    Post #104

Of course not, you are an Apple lover who has no idea about technology
    Thank God that Finch is giving you apple lovers a good name because he is one of the few people who likes Apple but he is actually smart and manages the servers. That is something you rarely find, so hat's off to Finch

Anyway, here are some features standard on a tablet PC:

# AMD Turion or Core2Duo notebook versions
    # 1 to 4 GB DDR2 RAM
    # 80 to 160GB hard drive
    # Mobility Radeon HD or GeForce GO
    # 10" to 12.1" WXGA Display
    # 8X DVD multiformat burner with LightScribe
    # 802.11 a/b/g/n WLAN with Bluetooth support
    # Windows Vista or Windows Seven
    # Integrated gigabit Ethernet and v.92 modem
    # 6-cell battery or 8-cell battery
    # Integrated webcam, fingerprint reader, Mini Remote Control
    # ExpressCard/34 Slot
    # Multi-format card reader
    # USB ports
    # headphone out and one microphone-in
    # Expansion port
    # VGA and S-video or DVI

9. Lord_Farken

Lord_Farken Master Guru

GPU:
    sapphire HD 5970@1000 H20
  10. Nafta

Nafta Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950/HD4000 MVP
    Sash:
    Alexstarfire:

What features does the iPad lack from iPod Touch?

11. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    Yeah i'm done here ;)
    Enjoy your apples

12. Nafta

Nafta Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950/HD4000 MVP
    As finch said, there is a market out there for this product. You don't have to buy it you know?

Edit:

I really forgot about my docking station for the iPhone, 1 usb I still use ;) To sync my iphone with iTunes. Still waiting to get it synced wireless :smack:

13. Funky Doodle

Funky Doodle Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte ATI HD 5830 1GB
  14. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    Are you an apple employee?

Does apple throw money at you to make posts?

15. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.