Apple iPad announced

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Guest

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    Even the Physical Keyboard looks like they only put 20seconds of thought into it.
    Last time I checked almost every monitor on the market works in landscape/widescreen.

So why would you have the thing dock the way it does? Why do you need basic attachments?

Why wouldn't I just wait for the Dell tablet? What does this have over the dell tablet?
    Marketing tricks anyone?

Music while web browsing? Is that suppose to be innovative or something? My phone does that already..hell the IPhone does that already not the mention hundreds of other devices.

What makes this worth $500 dollars for its minimum amount of storage + $130 for a 3g connection? Last I checked there are cheaper and more efficient options. And in this economy the general consumer shouldn't be asked or persuaded to buy something they already have.

10hours
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/29/steve-jobs-compares-ipad-battery-life-to-kindles-youre-not-g/

Its usually worse, or slightly better in test.
    I wonder how long the Amazon Kindle Last.....or maybe I shouldn't mention that?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  2. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Where did I say you did? I can't be bothered arguing with someone who will defend it until they drop dead, bye! :)

3. Nafta

Nafta Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950/HD4000 MVP
    Likewise, bye! ;)

4. Nafta

Nafta Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950/HD4000 MVP
    Especially as the Kindle has loads of programs. ( I know I said we only use a handful of the popular programs) And you can listen to music and watch movies etc.. But that doesn't matter. Does it?

I have a iPhone and a Macbook pro, sometimes the iPhone is to small and I'm not bothered to carry my "huge" macbook pro with me. So this one fits the size I'm looking for. With the 3g model it also has GPS, would be great when traveling.

There are probably others tablets out there that are worse or better. I'm not saying this is the best one. But it fits MY needs and others fine. It's fast, has games and programs. Thin and light and good battery life (hopefully, we'll know when reviews hits the net)

We either love or hate Apple, I just happen to love them for their design and a very good stable OS. Love iTunes etc.

5. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    fanboy comments are always fun to read. :banana::bang:

6. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    I think Nafta has lost the plot a bit...

7. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    aww isn't that cute the mac troll likes to carry his macbook but he does not like to carry a 12 inch tablet pc?

8. weston

weston Guest

GPU:
    GTX 275
  9. Denny85

Denny85 Master Guru

GPU:
    none
    This is hate talk! Lots of pc users just hate apple products!
    I'm a pc user... And I don't hate apple! They make good products.. But it's not gonna make me switch to Apple.. I like to combine things! Why not? They compatible anyway.
    You hate apple like there's no other machine to buy... Don't like it don't buy it. Apple doesnt make you buy it. So why do u tell bad things about it? Do You hate it? Are you jealous? Or you just don't wanna be a traidor in eyes of you friend! Like.. Look! Microsoft fun just got himself an apple product booooo... Is that why?

Let's just wait and see what happens!

10. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Ohai guys

i just got

[​IMG]

11. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
  12. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Which one actually has more features, iPhone or iPad?

13. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    the ipad has a bigger screen afaik

14. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    After looking at other small platforms, I would have preferred the Ipad to be something like this, http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/08/asus-pegatron-neo-with-tegra-2-hands-on/ .

Sure it's on Tegra 2 and android, but it's a nice little netbook. Maybe if Apple had designed the Ipad more like a netbook/laptop, gave it usb, and even flash, then it would have a better chance at surviving. I'm not sure how well this is going to go, even people who support Apple aren't to happy about the iPad.

15. Seref

Seref Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 Ti
    Should I ever somehow be given an iPad (or find one or have one rain down from the sky into my lap or anything that won't have me spending the full cost of a midrange laptop), I think my first priority would just be to strip it clean of whatever it's running and see what Linux could do for me. It would at least be useful as more than a big iPod then. Hell, it'll pass for a computer.

16. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    This.

I understand the point they are trying to make though. Just like how people bought MW2 even though they knew it was fail from the beginning.
    You want to beleive with all your heart that something will be better than you expected, so you're willing to put up with it not even meeting that expectation and just excepting it as great, even if it still is and always will be a fail.

What, now with this tablet in order to have an actual keyboard you need to purchase a spare device for it? Same goes with USB, you need to purchase a spare device?? WTF..

I don't see how anyone in their right mind could justify spending money on this nerfed tablet and then defending it saying it is as good if not better than a $500 netbook that beats it in every possible way..

oh yeah, and whoever said the omission of Flash doesn't matter is either lying or is just silly. The SINGLE greatest thing I dislike about my iphone is that no flash movies will play through safari.. gimme a phuckin break..

17. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    That's why he loves the CryPad so much..... :wanker:
    Apple cryboys are the worst. :)
    Tablets were there already years ago and now Apple tries to convince everyone they were the first.... how convenient. I looked forward to this device myself, but i'm disappointed and might as well go for a netbook.

The iFlat may be of use to students using e-books for their studies. Rules out listening to music or other things while studying because of the no multi tasking support. :)

18. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Guest

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    This thing is running in IPhone OS not OSX. Id rather have a smaller macbook than a bigger Ipod touch. But I guess thats cool that you would prefer using your Ipad for GPS instead of your Iphone. Just need to find the right dock for your car...lmao. Nothing like a 10inch Ipod to tell you where your going while at the same time being able to play blown up Iphone games.

Revolutionary Design Indeed.... /s

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  19. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Music while browsing christ my htc vox can do that and thats like what 4/5 years old? although pocket ie does suck, opera mobile ftw

20. Nafta

Nafta Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950/HD4000 MVP
    And the plot is to bash the iPad?

And Sash: where did I write I carry my macbook pro around? Can't seem to find it.

Keitosha and others: All this name calling of the iPad is only fanboy talk.

InfDaMarvel:

The iPhone and iPad runs a modified version of OS-X
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone_OS
    And why can't I use both the iPhone and iPad for navigation. I can use the iPhone in the car and iPad for other navigations.

Keitosha and InfDaMarvel:

How do you know that you can't listen to music while browsing? My iPhone does it, and the iPad runs almost the same OS.

ScoobyDooby:

So now optional stuff is bad. Hell I don't need USB (except my camera, but I'm looking for a wireless one). Got pretty much all wireless here. Mouse, printer and Network HDD etc..

But I'll give you about Flash, don't really know why they won't allow it.

I really hope USB dies and everything goes wireless. No more cords FTW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.