Apple iOS 7 overview video, highlights all the features

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Looks good like the pull up toggles screen. I guess the rumor of iOS getting active widgets was false.

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Battery life is terrible. No fix for it?

4. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Battery life on my girlfriends 5 is better than my 4S but jailbroken phones tend to eat more battery. I would imagine they tried to improve battery life, but don't hold your breath the day of a phone going a week on a single charge is gone.

5. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Aside from cellular talk time the Iphone 5 is one of the best when it comes to battery life. What exactly do they need to fix about it?

6. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SC
    I agree, I can usually go at least a day on full charge, quite impressed tbh.

7. NeoElNino

NeoElNino Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 8GB Soon
    Looks like Apple stole few ideas from BlackBerry 7 and 10 OS. Also iOS 7 looks very ugly and still the SAME OLD and Boring OS for the past 6 years. And really Apple PASTEL colors? looks so 1960ss

Apple swipes a thing or two from BlackBerry

Apple has added some things that are arguably "borrowed" from BlackBerry. Here are the big ones.

Slide to Unlock: From the looks of it, Apple is going with an up gesture from the lock screen that brings up control center while the unlock remains left-to-right (corrected!)

Multitasking: The multitasking view on iOS 7 looks much like that of the Blackberry PlayBook (and arguably Web OS) as you can swipe to scroll through your open apps. You can also use the swipe up gesture to quickly close an app from this view. This is essentially the same idea as Active Frames on BlackBerry 10 with apps being open in the background for quick access.

Control Center: The Control Center in iOS is a popup of quick settings that you can access from anywhere by swiping up from the bottom of the screen. Very similar to the BlackBerry 10 settings which are accessed from the homescreen by swiping down from the top. The controls give access to Bluetooth, Wifi and other settings.

Lock Screen Notifications: Notification Center on iOS is now available from the lock screen, making it much like the notifications you can view from the BlackBerry 10 lock screen. Including the "at a glance" view which shows your calendar appointments for the given day.

Gestures: iOS 7 features some swiping gestures that resemble those on BlackBerry 10. They are present in the browser as well as messages app (and maybe other areas too) - swiping to navigate forward or backward between screens.

Facetime: The latest version of BBM allows for both video calls and voice only calls. Facetime, which was previously video only, will now also allow for voice-only calls as well.

Photo Filters: BlackBerry 10 is sporting an amazing photo editor that includes a full set of filters. iOS 7 adds a very similar feature to their photos app (but no editor from what we've seen).

http://crackberry.com/apple-swipes-thing-or-two-blackberry

8. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Well, BB10 borrowed a lot from MeeGo Harmattan.

But damn... They totally copied WP8 calculator.

9. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC

Most of these features were available through cydia since 3.0 days. Your move.