Apple Cuts Back on 9.7-Inch iPad Screen Production

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Sharp Corp, a supplier of screens for Apple's iPad tablet, has slowed production of the 9.7 inch panes used for the full-sized iPads, according to a report by Reuters. The news agency quotes industry...

Apple Cuts Back on 9.7-Inch iPad Screen Production

2. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Yeah, whatever Apple.. Now the iPhone 5 production cuts and now this.. Just tell everyone that its because of installous going down.

And if it was indeed Apple behind it, then they shoot their own foot. Well done.

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yep, that's because the Mini's demand is higher than the supply and the next Retina iPad is supposed to be more like the Mini and with a low power consumption touchscreen. Oh it's Apple so let's bash them and spread the gloom!

4. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Lol, I'm surprised they've not sued anyone recently, maybe they're waking up!

5. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    perhaps it's because everyone already owns these products

6. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Yeah, and most millions of buyers know or even understand anything you said(Retinas, consumption etc). Oh, please. Also you forgot to comment on the iPhone 5.
    And since you defen... emm replied on the iPad "bashing", why not he iPhone's one? :)

Also I make fun of everybody who's worth making fun of. Either Samsung, Apple, Nvidia, ATi, IBM, DELL, HP, ACER, ASUS, Gigabyte, ASRock, ECS, Biostar etc etc. They f**k it up, people will criticize/make fun of them. That's how it goes. I give my money to the one according to my preferences/needs. No brands. Just products.

It's just a weird coincidence all this happening after the Installous shutdown. That's my personal opinion, I'm entitled to it and I'm sticking to it. Thank you. ;)

Wait, until they use/spend the settlements they already got first.. :D

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  7. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    That makes sense seeing as the iPad mini is selling like crazy and people can't really justify upgrading from a iPad3 to the iPad4 kinda expected the mini to cut into the full sized iPads market.

Actually I doubt it has anything to do with it as the iPhone5, 4S, iPad mini, and iPad4 on 6.0 can't be jailbroken so your theory does not hold water if someone knows about installous then they know the status of the current jailbreak .

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  8. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Yeah, thats why they did not mentioned any iP4/iPAD 2/3 productions cut. Probably people buy those. Don't forget jailbrakers account in the millions.

And I was under the impression that iP4S was already jailbroken tethered(or even untethered) on 5.1.1?

9. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    The iPad retina is the iPad4 the 3 is out of production replaced by the 4 the 2 has no retina display and an A5 chip. Point is the main reason for the cut in production is iPad3 owners will not upgrade as they have no reason to and people that are just now getting an iPad are more likely to get the mini over the full sized iPad.

That is why I said iOS 6.0+ because a lot of people are choosing the 4S over the 5 right now because you can get the 16GB for $100 with contract and you really can't tell a difference between the 5 and 4S other than the display size and chassis. All iPhones that are purchased now come preloaded with 6.0.1 and you can't downgrade back to 5.1.1

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Installous' demise is irrelevant to apple's market demand. Like loophole said, ios 6 was not jail broken. Average consumer need not understand anything, they are interested in using their device than getting insecure over another company's product.

11. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    I jailbreaked a iP4 on 6.0.1(tethered) and also I downgraded it later at 5.1.1. And re-jailbreak it. I know you are referring just to A5+ devices probably but you said "All iPhones".

Anw, ok, the Installous scenario seems incorrect. I'm a bit headstrong but got it. :)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  12. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Really did you read my post I did not say the iPhone 4 could not be jailbroken on iOS6 please do not start a strawman argument with me.

13. Anfield82

Anfield82 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7970
    Probably due to the demand for the mini.

I must admit I now find the larger iPad less enjoyable to use when compared to the mini.

14. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    My apologies. I assume, incorrectly as it seems, that even an iPhone 4 comes preloaded with iOS6 since you said All iPhones.

And no my good sir. I dont even know you, so no reason to start any fallacy with you or against you. Either formal or informal. I consider this matter, settled. :)

15. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Yeah, I had some play time with and I have to admit, I liked it. If I was going to get a Apple tablet I would have preferred the Mini. But I would love the iPAD3 perf. on it.

16. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Okay cool don't really care. Btw the iPhone 4 runs the A4 CPU and can be stepped back from 6.0 but iirc you need to have all shsh blobs and a bit of luck a5+ can't if you " buy" a new iPhone 4 from your carrier with 6.0 on it I don't believe you can go back to 5.1.1 as the signing window from apple is closed. It's apple being dicks.