Apollo–Soyuz (1975)

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by mbk1969, Mar 27, 2018.

1. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Just read an interview of Alexey Leonov and discovered that I know so little about this project.

At the ceremony held in Houston before the flight Leonov made funny mistake saying "I want to wish you sexful life" instead of "I want to wish you successful life".
    Both crew had troubles right after the launch, but fixed these before the meet point.
    It was supposed to open the hatches and to do the handshake flying over the Moscow but by mistake they did it flying over the river Elba where in 1945 allied forces met and did the handshake.
    First Leonov gave speech (from orbit) to USA TV and then Stafford - to USSR TV.
    Overall that flight was amazing example of cooperation. I can dream that if all countries participated in common space flight program then we saw a Moon station as a base to preparing Mars mission.

[​IMG]

Leonov`s joke painting
    [​IMG]

Leonov pranked USA cosmonauts by sticking "vodka" labels to food tubes
    [​IMG]
    First they refused to drink, but discovering the soup instead of labeled product were disappointed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

70s were still the time of the space romance, enthusiasm. I remember it. Partially because of this I studied space ship related cybernetics in the University.

PS Btw Leonov has no doubts that Appolos were at the Moon. Also he revealed that USSR practically prepared the flight with cosmonauts over the Moon (as first step) a six months before the first Appolo mission, but the death of Korolyov disrupted the plans. Though he admitted that USSR failed to overcome troubles with the rocket and hence had no plans to be the first to land.

2. Lex Luthor

Lex Luthor Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    Love it!

3. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070