1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apex Legends TITANFALL

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 2, 2019.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Remember now, the creators of the Call of Duty series are the same people running Respawn Entertainment, so saying it reminds you of Call of Duty does make sense... haha//

2. user1

user1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    hd 6870
    Just an fyi to anyone running a phenom 2 / core 2 quad or older, the game requires sse4.2 and will not run on cpus without it ,sse4.1 and 4a are not supported.

In typical ea fashion they have decided to ignore the issue and not fix it. Baffles the mind that you wouldn't put mininal effort in to make your free 2 play title compatible with as much hardware as possible.

haste likes this.
  3. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    Interesting. It's not a problem to recompile the solution without SSE4.2, so the decision must be based on minimum HW they decided to support. I'm still on i7 2600K, so I guess I've dodged the bullet this time and game runs stable 60FPS without dips so...

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Titanfall 2 runs fine on Phenom 2 so it's not like this game wouldn't be able too if they chose to allow it.

5. user1

user1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    hd 6870
    The game runs ok on bulldozer based dualcores, dont think the problem is performance.

6. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    If the performance will be OK, then they might change it in future... maybe even distribute second fallback executable. The game is out just for a week, give it time.

7. user1

user1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    hd 6870
  8. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080TI 11gb
    I keep getting Direct X crashes with this game. ONLY this game. I've seen a few streamers face the same issue. Cannot remember the exact error code, but has anyone else ran into this problem?

9. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 970 SC
    well tbh i never played Titanfall. didn't try it. im a 4000+- hours TF2 player and
    i didn't find a worthy FPS game on that level. Overwatch was fun for a while, but not as good as TF2.
    now i find the Deep Galactic game enjoyable, along with single player games as always.
    we used to play CoD i don't even remember which one but i gave up on it after some weeks in it.
    the APEX game looks good, plays good, and some ideas really fits the battle royal style,
    but its too fact-paced for me. at least i gave it a few hours.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Have you tried a manual install of the DirectX package that comes within the game files? restart windows after installing.

See if that helps :x

[​IMG]

11. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080TI 11gb
    Will give it a go when I get home, thanks for the tip

12. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  13. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    ^ Not me. I've uninstalled Apex after a day and I still hate BR. I honestly believe any BR game can only be played in a non-random, experienced party of players. Playing it with a random matchmaking results is pointless. You are only making yourselves easy kills.

Also specifically to this game, weapons are way too accurate over far distances. You can headshot a dude hundreds of meters away with an automatic assault rifle, dealing damage similar to using a shotgun from close distance. No matter the armor level, armor is just an extended health. It doesn't add any additional protection against weaker weapons or lower velocity bullets etc.. To me it's really just another BR game for COD fans. Having only one map doesn't help it either. It will get repetitive and boring pretty quick.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    cerebus23 likes this.
  14. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    Yep same here, i hate the genre, i tried to like it but just couldn't.

This game changed my mind, but only if you get decent team mates.
    At least i won already 3 games while in other BR's i have won none but one in PUBG.

Here i always feel like i have a chance of winning.

Stone Gargoyle likes this.
  15. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    for roughly a few minutes there were almost more viewers watching just Shroud playing Apex than there were total viewers watching Fortnite!!! holy sh*t aint that some impressive stuff. hes currently at over 104k while sipping coffee and taking it all in his stride as only Shroud can lol

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Dude ... I checked twitch last night and the largest shitnite streamer was just streaming random videos about cop cars instead lol. Today it was a German man who seemed more interested in smoking and chatting with his audience :D There was something about a 15k euro tournament but idk much about esports. Can't believe EA is doing this, even if it is a subsidiary which pulled it off without the dickheads at the top.

Is it really that good? I don't like BR because everytime I check stuff out it is people just running around and doing nothing. Not a huge fan of single lives or slowdowns in action. Will they be adding classic modes like TDM? I had it on ps4 but deleted it.

17. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    How crazy would it be if that was literally the marketing plan, get Shroud to play the game.

Stone Gargoyle likes this.
  19. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    would that surprise you?

20. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    he just hit 125k while fortnite is at 130k total i do get the feeling it may be a game he might stick with as long as the updates keep comin thick and fast enough it isnt going to end up as another Blackout or Islands of Nyne hopefully.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019