1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AOC Launches Curved AGON HDR Gaming Monitor with AMD FreeSync2

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. spectatorx

spectatorx Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 380 4GB
    With all these new freesync/2 monitors manufacturers almost never provide refreshrate ranges.

I'm also wondering who actually enjoys using curved monitors? Is there many people who purchased these or are these already there where "3d" screens are at the moment?

3. tunejunky

tunejunky Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1070 / gtx 1080ti
    fantastic.
    the Agon's are butt ugly on the backside (disclosure...i own the g-sync version w/o HDR)

and...at this time no late model monitor can do HDR and free-sync at the same time.
    one of the primary differences with free-sync 2 is HDR capability and that's only on the new models.
    so, free-sync (1) is SDR, and free-sync 2 is HDR. both will be on the market at the same time and offer similar performance f.y.i.

4. Embra

Embra Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Nitro+LE
    Wow... Really sharp.

5. GlennB

GlennB Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 EK
    You get used to the curve real fast so i do not see it as a problem really other than on large TV's where it a hindrance since you won't always be sitting right in front of it all the time.

tunejunky likes this.
  6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapp. RX Vega 64 LC
    Yeah i got used to the curve of my BenQ EX3501R, in no time at all.

7. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Master Guru

GPU:
    AORUS GTX 1080Ti
    What about 32-35-40 inch Gsync monitor with HDR1000?

8. tunejunky

tunejunky Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1070 / gtx 1080ti
    they are made...just prohibitively expensive as the HDR G-Sync module is $500 by itself.
    i'm waiting for broader adoption of HDR to force Nvidia to contract out the module (for mass marketing) for my main system. the 27-29" freesync 2 size would go great in my office, plus they're "only" around $300

9. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Master Guru

GPU:
    AORUS GTX 1080Ti
    By made you mean in future? because right now the only GSYNC HDR monitor are Asus 27 inch
    I like big monitors, not 65inch big thou
    I would be the first to buy 40-45inch GSYNC HDR curved monitor if they make one, the lowest i can go is 35inch, maybe 32inch if thats the biggest they will make as in EVER no chance of getting bigger.
    Ill be fine if NVIDIA adds VRR support for TVs, like on new Samsungs, if LG makes 2019 OLED that supports such feature [they have to, samsung does] and nvidia will support it, ill settle for new 55inch OLED TV

10. tunejunky

tunejunky Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1070 / gtx 1080ti

the VRR Samsung offers is Free-sync 2 (on HDR models, free-sync (1) on non HDR)

Nvidia's cards will look fine until the native refresh of the TV is exceeded, but you will get occasional tearing

there are new Very Large monitors coming out, but like everything electronic the first gen will be a rip-off