AOC launches AGON AG251FG 25in premium gaming monitor

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 23, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    From AOC's site:

I wonder why that is :-/

3. Thalyn

Thalyn Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 980 DCU2
    Probably bandwidth related. 1080p240 would be approximately 1.49GB/s, while 1440p144 is approximately 1.59GB/s. HDMI 2.0 provides for 2.25GB/s of total bandwidth, DP1.4 some 4.05GB/s, so neither is capping out the external interface but they could be getting close to the limits of the G-sync module or some other internal interface.

4. asturur

asturur Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    yes but 1080 over 1440 is way too bad. unless you can do a black frame around and pretend you are on a 19" monitor.

5. claydough

claydough Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 1080fe
    if it was only 27" I would have already made up my mind to buy 3 to replace my current surround setup. ( I assume reasonable qled/oled and hdr10 will be another 8 year wait at this rate considering no self emitting diode yields and monitor adoption hasn't even started. And HDR color accurate fast monitors r just priced bonkers. )

With my luck the market will read as much as meaning a market does not exist instead of them realizing they miscalculated reality by a couple parallel universes where they could butt f*%k us with 27" $2000 monitors and we would b grateful for the buggering.