AOC announces 31.5in IPS QHD monitor with 75 Hz, 5 ms GtG and AMD FreeSync

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. droopy_ro

droopy_ro Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Ti MSI
    I have the VA panel one Q3279VWF. Superb monitor for it's price, got it at about 200 euros in January , only drawbacks were the poor response time in black to grey/white transitions, that smeared the image and the lack of VESA mount.
    Too bad it had a short life of only 4 days, i accidentally hit it and broke the panel, it rests now peacefully in my basement.

3. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    As good as it may look on paper, monitors should only be considered after seeing reviews and/or plenty of users feedback.

4. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    I fail to see how this is an improvement on there older 32" 1440p IPS screens other than the case being different its just a rebadge...oh wait....they added D8 to the name....makes all the difference, the non D8 version can be seen on Ebay for as low as £145.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018

5. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    I guess it's a replacement for that. Some monitors are discontinued and replaced with something very similar that costs them less to manufacture.

6. Eighty Seven

Eighty Seven Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    GSYNC version available for $800?

7. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    75Hz is just below the threshold of "good" IMO, what a shame. If it was just a little higher it'd sound great on paper. I wouldn't buy anything below 90Hz.

8. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Been playing on a 2560x1440 144hz monitor for the past 5 years now. Wouldn't buy any monitor that does less than 120hz now. I tried going back to 60hz just to see if i'd notice and by God the difference was like night and day. 60hz felt laggy as hell. 75hz in this day and age is just bad imo (for a newly released monitor).

Ideally i'm looking for a 32" to 43" 4k monitor with 120hz + g-sync. HDR would be nice too.