anyway to have gpu temp without hardware window

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by dukeman, Feb 16, 2005.

1. dukeman

dukeman Guest

i am using the newest version of RT and i want to know if there is a way to have the temp displayed in the tray without having to have the hardware screen up. is there a version of RT that does that.
    all i use RT for is to monitor my temp.

2. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Gaming Z
    Not that I know of. Another way to monitor your NVidia GPU & Ambient temps is through using the latest beta of Everest Home Edition. I think it's version 2.0.0.268 or something like that. Just search for "Everest beta" on GoOgle.
    But that still doesn't show the temp in your System Tray. I guess you'll have to use an ATI card with nifty tools like ATITool for that...

3. Sailindawg

Sailindawg Master Guru

GPU:
    Power Color LCS 7970
  4. Subtestube

Subtestube Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GV-N68128DH 6800 NU
    Speedfan will show a temp in your systray... It's not as stable a piece of software as RT, but it's pretty good all in all.

5. StealthBomber

StealthBomber Member Guru

GPU:
    Fully modded X1950GT
    I've asked Unwinder about adding a GPU temp monitoring and auto force system shutdown support for RT, not sure if he is still gonna add this feature to the next RT release though... :)

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

This feature is in development now. If you wish to assist with testing it (when it's done) - drop me email ;)

7. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Yes. "Enable background monitoring" button is dedicated for it.