Anyone use a UPS?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by insp1re2600, Oct 5, 2019.

1. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Don't sell those in the UK afaik. Would be a beast posting a ups abroad for rma lol.

2. I've never rma'd any ups.....just chuck it and get a new one. Then again, i have never had one that was worth enough to rma that died before the warranty was up. No Tripp-lie or Smart power systems stuff in UK? That sucks, they both make nice power protection stuff.

3. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    bit much to fire £150 UPS down the garbage chute like a chucky doll.

4. Well, i have never had an expensive one die before its warranty was up.......I've had it happen to MANY cheapo ones, but who cares about them. Time costs on it being down while being rma'd was not worth the 70-80 dollars a new cheap one costs. I don't like to use cheap ones, and since i have been using nice ones, they don't die before the warranty is up. Every now and then you have a battery fail, but just pop a new one in and get it up and running.

insp1re2600 likes this.

5. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I use two CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD units, one for my gaming rig and one for my workstation / computing rig. They're almost a necessity since my area suffers from frequent black/brown-outs, plus I always keep my rigs on and working. They also provide some protection from surges - during a lightning storm one of my rigs was hit with a surge while plugged in directly into the wall (thankfully it only took out the PSU, but it scared the crap out of me).

insp1re2600 likes this.
  6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I've had my CP1350PFCLCD for almost 7 years..... I had to replace the battery a couple months ago. A good, high quality UPS, will easily outlast it's warranty. The warranty on my unit was only 3 years. Even the battery lasted beyond that warranty. I'm actually considering ordering a second unit from CyberPower because of how well this one has held up.....

insp1re2600 likes this.