1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone tried Graphite Thermal Pads yet

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by The Goose, Jun 26, 2019.

1. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080FTW
    Hi, i noticed while browsing ebay that you can get graphite thermal pads for cpu and gpu`s, also seen Thermal grizzly have the Carbonaut Thermal Pads, just wondering if anyone has tried them as my Corsair h110i gt is due a strip down and flush out.

2. s88urd

s88urd Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    Havent tried them myself personally, but there are a few review videos floating around the net (as I was looking to purchase)
    I chose not too as the majority of reviews didnt seem to rate them very highly unless you are re-mounting heatsinks often (as they are re-usable)

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the panasonic ones are to be avoided.

4. HuggyOC64

HuggyOC64 New Member

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070 8GB
    Can't speak to the pads, but I can to the Thermal Grizzly brand. I recently went through a pretty rigorous test of many of the 'most recommended' TIM's (Noctua, Gelid, Arctic to name a few). I can say from hands on experience and testing that Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut performed very well.

5. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080FTW
    Yeah, ive been using Noctuas nt h2 on my cpu and gtx1080 and i still think TG Kryonaut is better all round.

6. HuggyOC64

HuggyOC64 New Member

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070 8GB
    Funny thing about the Kryonaut was that it performed the best at higher loads/temps (60-80% load) but not quite as well as the Noctua and lower loads/temps (30-50%). The margin was slight at lower loads/temps but pretty substantial at higher loads/temps so I landed on the Kryonaut.

7. shm0

shm0 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 SC
    I recently purchased an IC graphite thermal pad.
    And it actually works quite well.
    But a high-pressure mount is needed.
    //edit
    For hardcore overclocking maybe not the best choice.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019