Anyone still playing Rage? Great game when tweaked!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by TechnikL, Jun 29, 2012.

1. TechnikL

TechnikL Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290X 1130/1300
    Hey Dudes, anyone know what the best driver for AMD/ATI is for this game right now, I haven't played in quite awhile and forgot how to add the opengl tweak, some Ati file to add to the game directory, is this still a valid method for better performance.

Also what driver (opengl) from ati is best for this game?

Thankyou for your time guru's :)

2. Angushades

Angushades Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 OC
    I would like to know aswell what driver and how to fix it as i havent played it with my new ati cards

3. EAK

EAK Master Guru

GPU:
    ZT-P10800H-10P
    What problems? I am running the 12.6 whqls and have a 6950. Even before now with older drivers, Ive never had a single issue with the performance of RAGE on my rig.

4. Desi26

Desi26 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7950 OC
    I just built my buddy a gaming rig, and messed around playing rage with the new 12.7 beta's (July 27) and have no issues what so ever. Great performance!

I know Nvidia cards had an issue with Vsync not being able to be set and horrible tearing occurring with it turned off (personal experience when RAGE was a new release)

This was tested on a new MSI 7950 TFIII card

5. BrightCandle

BrightCandle Active Member

GPU:
    MIS / 680 / 2GB SLI
    On my pair of 7970's I had severe input lag (like 3 seconds) with vsync on and very noticeable tearing with vsync off. I could never get the game to play well in eyefinity, it simply didn't run well enough.

Now I have my 680's I have really been enjoying the game that I could never get to work right on the AMDs. It runs much better, in full surround with triple buffered vsync providing a smooth experience. Looks really nice once you have the rig to push it along.

It wasn't the reason why I switched from AMD to NVidia but its one of the games that shows a marked improvement on the "it just works" barometer.

6. Angushades

Angushades Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 OC
    Well with my 2 7970's it still has poppings and vsync doesn't work....

7. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    I think RAGE had problems with AMD/ATI cards in general if i can recall. Not sure if they fixed them because i dont own an AMD/ATI but i remember people complaining about it.

8. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    i tried playing it in xfire, in single card mode, several drivers, many config adjustments, different cap profiles, the game just never worked for me.. was hitchy, stuttery unsmooth and played like ass even though I always had decent framerates. until there is some official fix I wont be wasting any more time on it.. real shame, had lots of potential and Id love nothing more than to play it through and enjoy it..