Anyone RMA a Sapphire card?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by dirthurts, Sep 20, 2010.

1. dirthurts

dirthurts Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56 Pulse
    Just wondering how it goes. I had to send mine in (paid shipping).
    Do they send a refurb? New card or what?
    Anyone have any past experiences they would like to share?

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    more than likely youll get a referb card.

3. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Depends, sometimes they'll repair your card, or give you a new one. That or they might give you a refurb. Best to ask them directly. I know XFX gave me a refurb as that's what they told me what they gave me.

deltatux

4. dirthurts

dirthurts Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56 Pulse

It seems like it's a processing unit problem, so I don't think they can replace that.
    Hopefully it's repair or new. I don't dig the refurbs. You never know what you're getting.

5. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 370 4gb DDR 5
    No, they'll send you a new card. I had to RMA my 4870 bc of numerous problems. I got my replacement back in about 10 days and it was a brand new series 2 card, my original was series 1 which had a lot of problems. The replacement worked like a charm, never had a problem with it right up until I replaced it. Sapphire has really improved in the RMA dept.

6. Mrtom82

Mrtom82 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire radeon 5970
    I just sent my 5970 back last week for an rma so hopefully I'll be able to tell you that everything turned out fine. So far everything has been smooth. I emailed them the problem, shortly after they sent me a form which I filled out and sent it back and a few hours later I had an rma number and approval to send my card to them. So I was able to have my card sent out the same day. I've heard a couple of bad stories but also some good ones about getting an rma from sapphire. From what ive read, it looks like all the bad reviews were from a few years ago and the good ones are more recent so it appears that whatever problems they had have been fixed. I also wasn't required to pay any extra fees as some have claimed in the past. I just needed to pay for shipping. I've dealt with a number of different companies regarding rmas (asus, corsair, ocz, crucial) and so far they have all been easy and quick. So if Sapphire wants to stay competitive they need to be on par with these other companies. I would never buy from a company that gives you hell when it comes to getting a replacement and I think most manufactures realize this and try to make things easy. After all its all about making money and if people don't feel comfortable buying your product because you won't make good on your warranty then you won't make money.

I should have my card back next week. If I don't then I probably won't buy sapphire again. I'll just stick with a company that I know is great like asus.

Hope that helps and good luck!

7. Lain

Lain Master Guru

GPU:
    HD5970 @ 950/1200MHz
    I got my 5970 replaced (so I think) after a really a persistent case 'gray screen' and a rattling fan.

took them 8 weeks though. :realmad:

8. dirthurts

dirthurts Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56 Pulse

8 weeks. Holly crap. Maybe they were waiting on a correction variation to come out of manufacturing.
    They received my card yesterday. Here's to hoping it ships out today!
    I would love to get an upgraded version. That'd be sweet.

9. Alex.NS

Alex.NS Member Guru

GPU:
    POV GTX 465
    When i RMA'd a sapphire card they said go to the retailer and they gave me one after 5-7 days.

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Let us all know how it turns out!! My experience with MSI has been like pulling teeth. Tried to call them last week to find out WTF was going on with my card, and nobody could seem to find any information on it....and no record of an RMA being done....at least according to Customer Service, because aparently nobody actually works in the MSI RMA department....or at least nobody answers the phone.

You've had an easy time dealing with Asus????? I've had 5 boards from them. All 5 failed....Asus refused to honor their warranty to any extent on any of them. ASRock, on the other hand, wants to RMA any product I e-mail their tech support about....

Damn, and I thought the 3 week (will be 4 weeks by the time the card gets delivered Friday) wait on my GTX460 from MSI was excessively long.

11. dirthurts

dirthurts Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56 Pulse

I just received a stunning email :
    "
    We would like to offer a Sapphire HD5850 TOXIC Edition for you as substitution of your HD5850.

If you like to take it, please e-mail us back. Picture has attached for reference.

Regards,

RMA Dept.
    Althon Micro Inc "

*does a little dance*
    Of course I replied NO!/Sarcasm.
    I can't wait. Off to look at toxic benchmarks.

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Damn!!! Congrats man!!! Take the card and don't look back!!! I'm starting to wish I had gone with PNY or eVGA for my 460....lol.