Anyone Playing Cyberpunk 2077 using 20.12.1?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    After looking at the review from TH performance is pretty bad across the board using ultra not RT.

No High results. And it appears there is a performance penalty using FidelityFX. I also get the impression that these drivers do absolutely nothing for the 5700 series for this game.
    https://www.tomshardware.com/news/cyberpunk-2077-pc-benchmarks-settings-performance-analysis
    https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/cyberpunk_2077_pc_graphics_perf_benchmark_review,6.html

I haven't found any other review for this game but it's not clear if they are using 20.12.1 either. Odd...

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  2. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    It's "playable" on a Vega 64 at 1440p, Ultra at like 40fps. FidelityFX smooths out performance a bit, but often degrades image quality to a low-res mess.

At least my 3080 is underway, so things are bound to improve a little bit.

3. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    Honestly the game feels badly optimized. There are a ton of reports of people with 3080's and other high end cards getting 30-40 fps running the game @ 1080p.
    I have a RX 580, and with everything on ultra I get about 30fps. But if everything is on low, I get 47-50. It just feels very very wrong to only gain about 15-20fps going from ultra to low, specially because with low settings the game looks like your average last gen game, but it's still such a resource hog.
    And what's the minimum requirements again? GTX 480? Bullshit. Maybe if you wanna run the game at like 15fps.

It just doesn't feel right. This either needs some optimization, or this is the new Crysis, but on steroids.

4. DannyD

DannyD Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    Yeah, some people just need to learn how to PC is all, anyone running a 3080 and complaining about performance either need a new cpu or just don't get the whole PC thing.

Romulus_ut3 and cucaulay malkin like this.

5. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 STRIX
    really ? seems right to me an rx580 is delivering 30 fps in a game like that on ultra
    most new games like rdr2 or valhalla it's where it's at in most demanding gpu scenarios,mid 30s
    going from 30 to 50 is a 1.7x performance jump,not sure how that is wrong going from ultra to low,seems in line with what we can expect

you call 1080/30 on rx580 bad optimization
    how about this

https://www.purepc.pl/test-wydajnosci-red-dead-redemption-2-pc-dzikie-wymagania?page=0,7

I'd expect the same from my 1070 at 1440p really

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    DannyD likes this.
  6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    [​IMG]

16 FPS min 52 FPS max would cause some performance complaints granted this is RTX + Ultra although using DLSS at performance for oh how does that scale again ~1920x1080 -> 3840x2160 somewhat?
    (It's not really exact but a bit higher for balanced and then another step up for quality, lower base resolution still for ultra performance.)

Need to find something without RTX and see what that does to performance and then once available see what settings impact the ultra(unoptimized) presets or higher (cinematic was it?) guessing it's the usual with shadows and effects using volumetric lighting effects.

EDIT: 2560's looks to be a good bit better (~35 to 65 with similar presets.) still a bit of a drop but not enough so a 30 FPS cap could stabilize performance though sub-optimal compared to a good 60 to 120 (Or higher.) cap would feel a lot smoother if it could be held. :)

EDIT: Plus the whole thing or mentality around highest-end GPU = easy ultra settings (Or cinematic or what the highest is.) at 4k which nah not really much as it's a strong GPU especially with RTX and I suppose there's a good 20 - 30% gains from DLSS involved when using balanced or performance maybe a bit less for quality and ultra performance might hit CPU limitations depending on how low it actually goes.

EDIT: Ah and I see the testing area will also heavily change the resulting performance figure, I can find some alternate results showing almost double of what the other performance figures had.

Looks like some city center area is one of the more demanding locales suppose that makes sense compared to the outer parts or what exists outside of the city entirely.

Nothing new with that just makes it hard to compare results because where was it tested from?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  7. DannyD

DannyD Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    @JonasBeckman
    Wasn't that chart done before game and driver release?
    The game runs fine my friend.

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Could be, heard there's two builds of the game (Review one and then the retail build.) plus the day-0/day-1 update changes and then driver changes so that makes it even tougher to find good comparisons with some of the early results probably dominating in searches and getting re-posted.

Going to have to see for myself I suppose once I have progressed through the existing backlog a bit. :D
    I assume it's about similar to the expectations though lower a few settings and little visual difference for a nice performance boost. Current GPU can't do ray tracing so that's not a concern at the moment and a few patches could also improve performance or adjust how some of the effects look maybe fix some visual glitches or inconsistencies and the optimizations could also affect the average and minimum performance not just the maximum achievable. :)

Not sure how much is going through NVAPI in the game either could help a few things though it's not a big concern on AMD GPU hardware though how AMD's optimizations are and how the games optimizations on AMD hardware is would be but D3D12's a bit further developed and standardized but each vendor here or well AMD and NVIDIA I suppose primarily have their differences and advantages both with this and Vulkan so it's not just D3D9 or D3D11 having it's quirks or AMD's performance on Windows with OpenGL to mention that. :D

Should be fun to see how it runs and well more so actually playing the game but not quite yet.
    Also looks like many of the glitches are more visual in nature so less outright game breaking even when your characters bits are clipping through clothing and what else has been posted even just a day or two after launch already.

Less outright save corrupting problems or mission/quest progression breaking is good.
    (Yeah I'm going through the Ubisoft backlog currently. Ha ha.)

EDIT: The build and updates were a bit inconsistent worded too citing DRM and performance differences which doesn't seem like it was too big of a difference anyhow and how the day0 review and day1 patch were identical...plus a few additional fixes.
    (So not really identical after all. :D )

Additional drivers and game updates and a second round of testing in the first months of 2021 could be a interesting comparison for how it's running then compared to at launch. :)

DannyD likes this.
  9. DannyD

DannyD Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    Oh sure it could be better, i'd personally like to use dlss q instead of balanced, can't complain though as i've maxxed all RT except lighting i have at ultra (which i prefer to psycho), everything else totally maxxed except the blur effects.
    So there you go 2080ti @1440p solid 60.
    *don't make me make a video :D