anyone play music whilst playing games? best games

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by phill1978, Mar 16, 2011.

1. phill1978

phill1978 Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 1GB 5850@840/1140
    just wondered if i was the only one to overlay music on my games sometimes. Usually Ive cracked open a beer and am playing a good shooter and use some music just above the volume of the explosions and gun fire and remove the actual game music.

the best game so far for music + game for me is Quake Live its so fast paced you can match up DNB really well :rock:

maybe its just me

it also works well with BFBC2, Africa harbor on a buggy rushing through the mist hehe :)

2. phill1978

phill1978 Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 1GB 5850@840/1140
    guess not lol

3. wlw_wl

wlw_wl Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6850 non-Toxic
    I personally don't do that (I'm more of a competitive player) but I know a lot of people who play Counter Strike like that. Fact is that they suck as team players because they can't hear a ****, but whatever floats your boat man.

4. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I do my warmups before playing official matches on ladders for css on TDM's with music.
    Tbh I wish footsteps weren't so bloody important to hear, gaming is indeed more enjoyable with music.

Occasionally when we're bored and playing random 5 on 5 irc mixes, we try to play our matches with:

http://www.rainymood.com/

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    i used to do that all the time, psyradio and CSS. however you will miss allot of sounds , but its all about fun isnt it ? :thumbup:

6. mst3kld

mst3kld Member

GPU:
    (2) MSI 6950 2gb OC
    drinking + video games as a pre game before going out on a friday night is the best.
    When I pub, I always have music on, but if its a pickup or league play, no music at all. I need to hear the footsteps.

7. Woodles

Woodles Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX OC GTX 970 4GB
    Depends on what game I am playing. If I am playing a single player game for the story I will use in game sounds/music. When I am playing a game where I am grinding or laddering or pvping etc I will crank the music. For example SC II, LoL, CoD:BO, CS:S, Borderlands, DII:LOD, any MMO. I get real damn tried and bored of hearing the same game sounds so I have to use music.

Of course when I am playing FPS games and I actually wanna try I will turn on 3d mode on my headphones and destroy fools. For most of the time though I will play for fun and still do better than most people. Playing with no sound in certain games actually increased my visual awareness.