Anyone not have the driver temp. issue?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by aaronbond, Mar 15, 2005.

1. revenant

revenant Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX260 SLI
    Sledgehamster -- what drivers are you running now? Do you OC? If so, how much?

2. Sledgehamster

Sledgehamster New Member

GPU:
    Ati 5850
    I was using 67.66 before flashing my card.

I had tried 75.90 (which I am using now) but had a significant increase of around 14 degrees celsius.

Stock cooling on the card,no overclock.Idles at 54 degrees now in fact it reduced the idle temps of the card by around 2-3 degrees.

3. aaronbond

aaronbond Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5850 1GB 765/1115
    Sledge did you have the BIOS mismatch error when you tried a regular flash?

4. revenant

revenant Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX260 SLI
    cool... I have not run the 6x.xx drivers since the first day I got my card... went right to 71.84 betas... well, I also noticed that drop in idle temps by about 2-3 or so... I thought maybe my room was cooler or something, but looks like the temp drop might be real. :)

I saw that Gainward as an even newer bios. out... .38.00 or something... I am thinking about trying that one.

5. Sledgehamster

Sledgehamster New Member

GPU:
    Ati 5850
    Yes,when I tried an unmodded bios it refused to flash and gave an error.

6. Vh14a

Vh14a Active Member

GPU:
    2 XFX 7800gtx@ 497 1300 SLI
    5.40.03.15.07 no tem issue. apply the reforce refresh rate fix and your golden. 49c idle 68c 69c load farcry. 455 mhz!

7. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Yes it will void the warranty. If something goes wrong and you are unable to reflash back to the BFG bios, you'll have a very expensive paper weight. Wait for the next driver set. Nvidia will have the problem fixed.

8. Rhyno

Rhyno New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1gb GTX 460
    from the leadtek site, there's a bios file for both ntsc & pal. does it matter which one you use? (only thing I see it affecting is tv out?)
    I loaded both in nibitor and couldnt see a difference, also is it preferable to use nvflash over leadtek's included wfflash?

9. TrueRush

TrueRush New Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800GT @ 400/1000
    could you guys run this program "rthdribl" google it and manual set it to around 1028x728 res and run it while watching your temps.

my bfg 6800gt @ 400/1000 can come up to 87c thats really hot for my taste. it does a steady 85c with many of the drivers i have tried. currently using 61.77. i have tried the last two official nvidia releases. they have been pretty stable but while playing warcraft 3 sometimes it can come down to 5fps in that game.

it starts to really bog down while playing and once i try to go to desktop my res is set back at default @ 680x res and 16bit. its really weird its like the driver was lost or soemthing it wont load back up.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2005
  10. aaronbond

aaronbond Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5850 1GB 765/1115
    Rhyno you're in AUS correct? You guys use PAL over there for TV-viewing.

11. Vh14a

Vh14a Active Member

GPU:
    2 XFX 7800gtx@ 497 1300 SLI
    wf flash utility type wfflash nm(no mismatch) be carfull because if the bios is wrong it will flash it anyway.

12. DooGie

DooGie Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    No probs here with increased temp . I've been running 67.03 for ages and thought I'd try out 71.84 despite all the high temp reports. Idle at 51C, after running 3D Mark 2005 for about an hour I peak at 60C. So I'm one happy bunny.
    And IQ is best yet for me.

13. Rhyno

Rhyno New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1gb GTX 460
    aaronbond, yeah our stuff here is PAL, would like to know for sure before any flash if there'd be an issue cos if there was no difference between the 2, just wondering why leadtek would list a PAL version of the same bios.

14. Deady

Deady Member

Never had the temp problem.

Leadtek 6600GT.

Currently idling at 39. But i can hit 90 when in 3d mode - but i always have done even with 67.xx series.

15. DooGie

DooGie Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    I posted this earlier and in general I still hold by this. However these drivers have strange habits.
    I checked the idle temp a few hours ago and it had risen to 60C. I decided to increase 2D mhz from 370 to 401 to see what happened (I only used nVidia control panel for this) on the auto testing of this frequency I got a message that it had failed. I checked my idle temp again and it had dropped to 53C and has remained around this temp for several hours now.
    Go figure :confused:

16. DrakoZ

DrakoZ Member

BFG 6800U, no perceptible temp rise, maybe a degree or two but then it might be due to ambient temp change.

17. KivaWolf

KivaWolf Member

GPU:
    nVIDIA BFG GeForce 7950 GT OC 512MB
    Small Temp Solution

If you people want a small quick solution to this I may have found it because it worked for me. Just head here for my post. Believe me it is worth it just to shave off some degrees.

18. aaronbond

aaronbond Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5850 1GB 765/1115
    I could have solved your problem more simply Kiva. Stick your PC out the window AK boy. Alaska come on man! I'm in FL and should be complaining about temps.! :D

19. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400
    With the 76.41 Beta Forceware my Temp-Bug is gone :D....

Gpu Temp - 52
    Ambient Temp - 35

Me = Happy...+ These drivers are performance wise '' great '' and have a good IQ.