Anyone not have the driver temp. issue?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by aaronbond, Mar 15, 2005.

1. aaronbond

aaronbond Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5850 1GB 765/1115
    Ok I must have read it wrong pimp_gimp. Sorry.

Btw if you take a look around some more pimp_gimp you'll find this

that's the newest one i've come across and it was a Leadtek one. Worked fine with my BFG 6800GT OC. Just a thought.

So, we have one result stating that a BIOS upgrade helped with the increase issue. Good to hear.

2. Jerms

Jerms Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800GT
    Will flashing my BFG 6800 GT void the warranty? I don't like messing around with a 400 dollar card. I did get the temp increase too but I suspect it is only a bug that reads the temperature higher than it really is. Can someone post a link for the bios flash in case I might want to try it.

Thanks

Jeremy

3. UIQ

UIQ Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 6600GT AGP
    Same as others, no problem at all :cool:

4. Rooster77

Rooster77 Member

GPU:
    ATI X1900 AIW
    I have bios version 5.40.02.15.05 my idle temps increase from 52-54 up to 58-60 idle with all the newer drivers (70.xx) My card is a bfg pci-e 6800gt oc, with a msi neo 4. hope they fix this bug soon. and also I do have a NV5 on this card and I don't see a difference in idle temps from before when I had stock cooler on it. load temps do stay around 58-64 though. I just don't believe this cooler was worth the money and time to put it on, but alot of people said it was great and decreased tenps by 10c . and yes the dam thing is on right and seated on all memory chips and I used as5 on core and silcon on memory.

5. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    It shouldn't, but if you're worried about it DON'T do it. And for a link just go to M V K T E C H D O T N E T (without the spaces) to get the nvflash utility and a newer bios. or I my case I just used the nvidia reference bios available at nvplanet.com, and edited it with NiBiTor to be compatible with my VGA Board ID.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2005
  6. TimmyP

TimmyP Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Just thought I'd share my results as I was having MAJOR temperature problems...

XFX 6800gt AGP before flash ~90-100 degrees idle
    after flash ~70 degrees idle

I used the 5.40.02.32.00 Leadtek Bios and flashed it directly to my card with no editing.

Problem obviosly solved, Thanks aaronbond!

7. aaronbond

aaronbond Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5850 1GB 765/1115
    you're welcome man. I hope this solves alot of others as well. I love it when the community ends up figuring out the issue for itself.

Pimp_gimp's got the best link to pull down the BIOS' from. I was afraid :-( to post it because I was under the impression there was some bad blood between that site and guru.

Since Gimpy posted the hookup it's all up from here! More results would increase validity. Thanks.

8. _BarrySWE_

_BarrySWE_ Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 7800GT 256MB
    Re: Drive Temp. Issue Potential Fix (renamed from "anyone not have temp issue?")

when i try to flash my PNY 6800GT it say somthing about not matching ID , how is the correct way to force it 2 flash anyway?

nvflash.exe xXxXXxx how to write?

is this the newest Leadtek6800GT256MB-Rev05.zip

??

I have also notice that Ledtek bioses is bigger than the others, why

i have now edit the bios and use the same id:s as the PNY.

Is it time for flash, and no turning back? :)

I have unbocked display boot message and Display Memory Size + Engenrigin release on it, because my original doesn├Ąt have those tags :)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2005
  9. ArmchairWarrior

ArmchairWarrior New Member

GPU:
    BFG 6600 GT OC
    bfg 6600 temp never over 50 no problem

10. _BarrySWE_

_BarrySWE_ Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 7800GT 256MB
    Now i have flashed my bios :)
    with leadtek newest bios. with ID changes so it matches PNY orginal bios :) i should try the new drivers again :)

**UPDATE**

THE TEMP BUG IS GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*YES* IT WORKS!! :)

but now is my card an leadtek :) it says so on boot ;-)

http://hem.bredband.net/andthr/5.40.02.32.00-PNY6800GT.zip

my "MODED" bios for PNY cards, use it if you like, but don't blame me if it ****es up your card. mine works great ;)

http://hem.bredband.net/andthr/7184temp.jpg

the temp from now on. I'm HAPPY! :)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2005

11. aaronbond

aaronbond Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5850 1GB 765/1115
    Woohoo! Good to see it worked for you BarrySWE. Problem just might be solved. Thanks for posting your pics and the modded BIOS man.

12. _BarrySWE_

_BarrySWE_ Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 7800GT 256MB
    Yes, I'm very happy now :) NEW bios + New Driver and NO tempbug, can it be better :)

What are you guys with PNY cards waiting for? , use my "BIOS" :)

13. revenant

revenant Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX260 SLI
    Oh heck... now I am going to have to try this with my PNY 6800GT... I got your bios BarrySWE and am going to flash real soon here. :)

14. TimmyP

TimmyP Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    How exactly would I go about modding the newest reference bios to work with my xfx card so I dont have to use the leadtek bios?

Does the newest reference bios even fix the temp bug? The leadtek one is newer than the reference.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2005
  15. cosmosis909

cosmosis909 Member

GPU:
    MSI 6800GT
    Ok I have an MSI 6800GT and I have just moded it with the leadtek Bios. My idle temp dropped from 56c to 48c.

16. revenant

revenant Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX260 SLI
    ok -- I did it! but BarryWSE's bios did not work with my card... I had to download the leadtek bios, edit it (using my original bios as a stencil), and then flash with that... it worked! I then loaded up the 75.90a drivers and the temps @ idle are like 1-2 degrees cooler... running around 57 now... I also ran some benchies and got about 200 more on both 3Dmark03 and 05!

3Dmark03= 11775 (up from 11557)
    3Dmark05= 5545 (up from 5323)

YAY! the load temps seem to have gone down... it only fluctuates about 5-10 degrees when in load, rather than 10-15.

So... I then decided to try the 76.10 drivers! not good! I got the temp bug again with them. right away my idle temps kept climbing up, up, up to 72+ and then I just decided to go back to safe mode to clean those drivers out in favor of going back to the 75.90a's!

I am running those now and all it good... also, I ran that "detect optimal frequency" tool for coolbits and it came up with the highest numbers ever, 420/1140 and it ran stable.. but leaving it at 410/1100 for confident stablility.

Sooooo... I think those 76.10 drivers are just too beta right now... put them back in the oven, they're not done yet. ;)

I hope some people find this info helpful.

Also, if you want to find a good bios file repository, do a google search for "nvidia bios download" and choose the third hit for that search... something about M V K Tech bios driver file downloads... they are all there. :)

PS: Edit -- my card is an AGP version, so maybe BarrySWE's bios was for the PCI-E version?? not sure, but it didn't work and it said something about PCI code mis-match when I got the error.

17. michealace82

michealace82 Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X BFG GTX 285 OCE 1GB
    I never have

18. revenant

revenant Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX260 SLI
    I also wanted to mention that I had the PNY rev03 bios on my card to start with... .15.51 or something...

19. _BarrySWE_

_BarrySWE_ Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 7800GT 256MB
    I have an AGP card.

I had bios rev.2 on my card. (mayby different idtags to begin with because of that)

I have updated the guid so EVERYONE can use it for their card. (all brands of AGP 6800GT 256MB cards)

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=130817

The guide for all you guys :)

And remember ALL the good looking blond girls lives in SWEDEN. :)

20. Sledgehamster

Sledgehamster New Member

GPU:
    Ati 5850
    I flashed my XFX 6800 GT with the leadtek bios (modded to support my card).

This has solved the Temperature issue for me as well.

Many Thanks.