Anyone here have a 6870 crossfire setup?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by LostHH, Dec 10, 2010.

1. LostHH

LostHH Active Member

GPU:
    XFX HD6950
    I'm thinking of upgrading to a 6870 as a little xmas treat for myself and am thinking of crossfiring it in around 6 months time/next year sometime.
    How mature are the drivers for it? Is it still a little glitchy such as the 5770 crossfire? Or more stable?

2. djmik21

djmik21 Member

GPU:
    Palit/Gtx 560Ti/1gb
    Hello, i'm a newbie here but from all the reviews we see here and there of the hd6870 crossfire i think the drivers are already mature enough for the setup to scale very good. So i think there won't be any problems in 6-months.
    On the other hand i would like to ask you, the hd 5770s aren't sufficient in every game there is for now.
    With my mere HD3850 256mb and some tweaking i played COD: Black Ops at extra detail just no AA.
    I think you should w8 for the new cards to come out because both n-vidia and amd promised much with these new cards they released lately, like me. I bite my tongue and say i'll make it until the new cards come out so that i can play CRYSIS 2 in all it's glory. :)

3. xangelofhavocx

xangelofhavocx Member

GPU:
    XFX 5850 1GB
    I can tell you that xfire 5770's is more than enough to run EVERY game at its highest settings at 1920x1080. Metro wasn't butter, but it was playable for me.

4. MyBrains

MyBrains Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC 950MHz
    There is no official drivers released for the 68xx cards yet,they are due within the next 7 days or so (Catalyst 10.12). I'm using 10.10e and they seem ok for now. The price of the 68xx's should go down slightly in the new year,i was told this by a guy on the phone from Overclockers UK.
    I only have 1 6870 and its a great card but reviews on the net seems to look like AMD fixed the previous crossfire problems in the 68xx series.

5. rurik

rurik New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6970 stock
    i have crossfire from 2x6870.
    very good setup,Im happy

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  6. enthusiast17

enthusiast17 Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6870
    my 6870 runs great. no problems and its like 98% scaling or smt?

7. Arthur Hucksake

Arthur Hucksake Active Member

GPU:
    2 x MSI 570 Twin Frozr II
    Not too bad. I've had some gripes, such as Arma 2 having issues with Crossfire enabled. Textures keep going weird, low and high res, like the game doesn't pick up the cards properly. Think it's a driver issue.

Apart from that, it's pretty darn good.

Scored P7628 in 3D Mark 11 on my rig with everything at stock. I am more than happy with that considering the drivers are so new.

8. xpooz

xpooz Member

GPU:
    sapphire HD6950@70 4GB cf
    hi there,I'm using 6870cf ,,very satisfy with the performance ;)
    I think you can wait a bit since 6970 launch and it may have a price drop..

9. comppro2k7

comppro2k7 Member

GPU:
    (2) 6870's in this mutha!
    have 6870 crossfire as well, im not saying the drivers(nothing to do with crossfire) are the greatest, but haven't had any real issues either