1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone having odd idle clocks stuck at 607 MHz instead of 139 MHz?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by citrixscu, Oct 11, 2019 at 6:38 PM.

1. citrixscu

citrixscu Member

GPU:
    Strix 1080 Ti OC
    Hi all,

I am sure this has been happening to my system for a while, but I recently had a need to install MSI/RTSS for frame limiting and noticed that often my GPU idle clock gets stuck at 607 MHz and will not downclock further to 139 MHz. I thought I had identified the issue being hardware acceleration in MS Edge (Chromium) but have noticed recently that GOG Galaxy or random windows processes will use GPU cycles and disallow it from downclocking to 139 MHz. It's more of an annoyance than anything at this point, but wondered if others see the same.

Specs:
    1080Ti Strix
    Win10 1903 & 1909
    Hotfix 436.51 (occurred with 436.48 also)
    G-sync enabled for FSE only

2. Alientech

Alientech New Member

GPU:
    1070ti
    Mine is doing this as well dont know when it started but you arent the only one

3. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 980/290X
    A couple years back I had this happening, turns out a miner somehow got on. I'll give them credit though, they didn't take the chip to full speed or else I would have caught it right away. Check and see what is starting with windows and or watch task manager.

4. Alientech

Alientech New Member

GPU:
    1070ti
    I dont see anything on the taskmanager and ive ran defender. it started a few video drivers ago i think.

5. Alientech

Alientech New Member

GPU:
    1070ti
    ok i figured out what was doing mine it was microsofts xbox app. i quit it and it was fine. it seems it is always running in the background

6. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    I had the same problem, reverted back to older drivers and the problem was solved.

7. citrixscu

citrixscu Member

GPU:
    Strix 1080 Ti OC
    Interesting. Which driver were you on and which seemed to fix the issue?

8. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    If I’m not mistaken, it was 436.48 which had the issue. 436.15 fixed it again.

9. kProphetk

kProphetk New Member

GPU:
    Junk