Anyone has problems with ATT and Gothics 3?

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, Nov 24, 2006.

1. lorenzo.x119

lorenzo.x119 Active Member

GPU:
    Club3d 8800gts @610/2000
    Yes!!! It's true This setting resolve my problem :bounce:

You saved my money man :mhp:

I tried also to activate by ATT the Vsync to on an all worked perfectly... :eek2:

2. phaedrus

phaedrus New Member

GPU:
    ATI X1900XT - 512Mb PCIe
    :( Well on a second look I did manage an improvement, with Geometry Instancing turned on I can at least see the area immediatley surrounding nameless (avatar).

Weird, heh?
    [​IMG]

3. lorenzo.x119

GPU:
    Club3d 8800gts @610/2000
    Bad new, as I thought, the fact that the game ran without artifacts was not due to the activation of geometry instancing but was due to the fact that i reinstallaed drivers (Sometimes If I reinstalled drivers the game runs well, but If I made some changes in the profile of Gothic3 soon or later the game re-show me artifacts) As a matter of fact I tried to disable the Geometry instancing and game showed me artifacts (for the moment all ok) BUT when I re-enabled IT the game showed artifacts too !!! So like I said before, there's no an option that makes this artifacts but seems like that randomly If you change some options from ATT soon or later the game will cause problems.

And sometimes (!!) this problems could be resolved reinstsalling drivers (but sometimes is required also to reinstall ATT).

Just a big mess

4. phaedrus

phaedrus New Member

GPU:
    ATI X1900XT - 512Mb PCIe
    I encountered the same oddness,
    I have managed to succesully run the game with ATT once but it was immediatley after I reverted back to 6.9 Cats. After modifying basic some D3d options I could no longer run the game without artifacts.

I didn't report this earlier because I figured it was a fluke :)

5. Unity

Unity Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire X1950XT
    If you understand what geometry instancing does, you'd understand that it's not at all relative to the problem you guys are discussing.

I've been into 3d cards for over ten years(i'm 37) and all of those screenshots, to me, are showing memory errors. It has to be a voltage issue.

Can any of the guys having this issue bump their memory voltage up a notch and see if the problem continues?

6. lorenzo.x119

GPU:
    Club3d 8800gts @610/2000
    Teach me what I have to do and I will do it.

But in this case what is the fault of ATT ?
    Just because without ATT installed the game runs perfectly

7. Oely

Oely New Member

GPU:
    ASUS EAX1950XT/HTVDP
    I installed the NGO Driver and it works with Gothic3

8. Rafnagud

Rafnagud Master Guru

GPU:
    INNO3D RTX 4080
    I'm having the same problem with Call of Juarez.
    I think Far Cry(PS 3.0) is also having this problem with ATT. When you start the game everything is fine but the moment you go outside the same problem happens. Without ATT everything is fine no matter what driver version. If you run the game with ATT and PS 2.0b instead of PS 3.0 everything is fine also. Strange. Can somebody who is having these problems with Gothic and Call of Juarez test Far Cry?

Edit: the latest Omega drivers in combination with ATT beta v1.2.6.978 is working great. No problems with Call of Juarez and Far Cry and for the first time overclocking is working wth my X1950 Pro.

Thanx Ray.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  9. Spacemandb

Spacemandb New Member

GPU:
    X1950GT
    Artefact when changing 3D Settings with ATT

Hi ..

I use ATI Driver version 7.3 with Catalyst. I use ATT to change my Fancontrol and OC my x1950GT to PRO. Everything works fine until I use ATT for only that. As soon as I change any 3D Settings with ATT I have unplayable artifacts in FarCry and Gothic 3. They only disappears after I deinstalled ATT AND the ATI Driver.
    I have no Problem as long as I make my 3D Settings with CCC and NOT with ATT. I would prefer to make changes with only one tool, no question about what tool :), so i can deinstall CCC. Maybe there is any solution?

Thanks for help.

EDIT: I use the latest beta from ATT 1.3.6.1031

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  10. Spacemandb

Spacemandb New Member

GPU:
    X1950GT
    Problem gone

Hi ..

I've installed the newest ATI driver 7.4 and ATT 1.3.6.1033. From know the Problem is gone! I don't know why.

Cu

11. phaedrus

phaedrus New Member

GPU:
    ATI X1900XT - 512Mb PCIe
    Yeah this one still comes and goes for me too, G3 and Call of Juarez Demo although I never noticed it in Far Cry :shrug:

Bumping the voltage as Unity suggested seems to have improved matters, although I could just be imagining things.

@ Rafnagud
    Thanks for the comment about ATT and PS 2.0b, good to know :)

12. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Also check G.I. option. It MUST be enabled. Sometimes when you install only drivers without CCC, G.I. option will be turned off. So you have to turn it on manually.

13. Rafnagud

Rafnagud Master Guru

GPU:
    INNO3D RTX 4080
    Update: like Ray is saying turning on Geometry Instancing indeed fixed the problem for me a few months ago while we were discussing this problem @Rage3D