Anyone ever seen a WHITE motheboard?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Saeid, Aug 30, 2005.

1. skl

skl Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4850 TOxic
    Ok, not so old, but it's not definately new pic.

2. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    @Finchwizard, you just got knocked down a notch on my respect ladder. I thought you of all people would know that it's not about looks, it's about performance. That's what I like about WildStyle so much, he understands that principle. I will say if two or more products are the exact same except for looks, as in this case, I would choose the one that looks better. That's not the case most of the time, though.

3. Orlandoe211

Orlandoe211 Guest

I agree, that and RED but BLACK is by far the best looking IMO

4. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    @Alex, fair enough, I have enough friends, the Thread title is talking about the COLOUR of the motherboard, not the performance.

And I think it's Ugly, wait..........wait.........wait..............Nope, I still think it's UGLY, some people may even say FUGLY Which I think it is.

Speaking performance wise, the thing is going to kick ass, BUT IT'S STILL UGLY AS SIN.

5. WildStyle

WildStyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Haha.

Regardless, it's still criminal to have a thread about the Gruper (I should start using the official name of "Innovation" now I guess) which discusses only the colour. I guess that sums things up for me and backs up what I said in another thread about people caring about looks above performance. ;)

6. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega56 8GB \ GT1030
    Well then........... then you'll have to buy a case w/o windows. ;) That way you can't see your fugly board. :p Performance is what counts to me. I rather have a rig that looks bad, but beats the crap out of the other rigs when visiting a LAN-party instead of having a shiny fancy pants rig, with a custom build robot arm or something to serve me drinks and i get 10 FPS in Quake III or CS 1.6 and THAT would be a disaster. LOL

Case closed. ;):rolleyes:

7. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Oh yea, I would probably still buy it with the performance that it's going to have, it's just a shame about the color.

Hopefully they release it in different colours, then we can have the best of both world, Red I could handle, but white, just looks very weird.

8. WildStyle

WildStyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Tonight, Finch, you're going to have a nightmare about a white motherboard. :evil:

[​IMG]

9. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Hmmmm, that one looks slightly better, the one on that other forum looked really horrible though, it was like a glossy cream color, yuk.

Change those PCI slots to a different colour. The waterblocks make it look a bit better too.

Hmmm, it's starting to grow on me, TAKE IT AWAY, TAKE IT AWAY.

Probably going to have huge nightmares, won't be as scary as being attacked by Giant Skittles, that was ONE HELL of a dream.

10. Saeid

Saeid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Connect3D X800 PCI-Express 256MB
    Too bad its not SLI... and i wouldve prefered RED heatsinks rather than water cooled!

And if im right (which i might be wrong)... there appears to be a DVI connection on that mobo... and to the best of my knowledge, thats the only mobo out there with DVI! Also It could be a serial connection...

But what i like is the fact that they have decided to cut out the damned old PRINTER cable connection... which im SURE alot of people dont use (maybe industrial use with DotMatrix printers)... but even with that u can get a printer cable to USB converter.... USB is the way to go... ;)

11. WildStyle

WildStyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    It doesn't come watercooled as standard -- passive sinks instead. Also the only I/O ports are audio/LAN/IEEE1394/USB/legacy PS/2.

That pic is from a while back, sorry, it's just the biggest I could find at the time. :p

Retail image:

[​IMG]

12. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega56 8GB \ GT1030
    When i look at that board, i'm feeling like playing Sim City, building some village in Alaska or something. I can see the industrial zone, commercial zone and HEY! They even have an airport. :p

Last edited: Aug 31, 2005
  13. [Mudd]

[Mudd] Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 ACX SC
    yeah its pretty sweet looking to bad its a ATI chipset :p..heh no but i like any color but reference green like the EpoX even tho EpoX are great boards

14. WildStyle

WildStyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
  15. Saeid

Saeid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Wow sapphire has really hit home with this design... ;)

If it was an Intel Chipset, i would have most definately looked into it...

But i now supposed Sapphire has to make thier graphic card colors White as well... and copyright it ;)

Since everyone has been copying each other with blue,red,etc...

16. cytotoxin

cytotoxin Active Member

GPU:
    gigabite
    i love green one!!!

technically would it be possible to have a ranbow colour? :)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2005
  17. Saeid

Saeid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    i do wonder... :S

18. SYSCLoK

SYSCLoK Member Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle GeForce 6 6600 128MB, 128 b
    SWEET!!!I love the board in white...

Its diferent...Imagine some UV cathode hitting it...

Its already avaiable?
    I want one...:p :cool:

19. Ehecu

Ehecu Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD 5750
    Heh... I'd take performance over looks any day, but hey, it just works out for me! :p

Gigabyte Blue 444 LYF!!!

Right then, back to the Grouper... The Sapphire logo on the back is really cool - Never saw that touch before! Can't wait to get my hands on one of those things. Needless to say, the IDE/SATA speeds are amazing. USB... Well, I can live with the slow USB since all I do with my flash drive usually is transfer a few small files (burst), so it shouldn't be too much of an issue imo, though it doesn't look good for USB HD users so far.

I noticed a chip in one of the Crossfire slots on the Stringray/Halibut though... What's with that? Placeholder perhaps to tell the system you've only got one card?

20. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    Huh? Whats wrong with ATi? Would people give the damn company a chance for once? You give nVidia a chance all the time but **** give ATi a ****in chance for once :eek: