Anyone else having problems in MW2?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by apolir, Jul 20, 2010.

1. apolir

apolir Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
    I know most people dont play this game..or even hate it. but does anyone know if its possible to not join with certain players?

the last few days Ive been connecting to a lot of hacked lobbies. Either ones that instantly kick you to 70 if you yourself get killed.(which you can ctr alt delte and close the game so it doesnt sync, so you can keep your rank if anyone doesnt know) or the newest one which wont let you leave the game and you have to shut down your pc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqdYzc5wz9Q&feature=player_embedded

some footage right there of the newest stupid lobbie that you can't get out of.

but besides all enormous amounts of aimbotters and hacked lobbies I do enjoy the game. Just wondering if there is anyway in steam or anything that i can identify these people and block them?

2. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    LOL, people still play this? I gave up on MW2 MP what seems like eons ago. High pings & hackers just ruined it for me. Too bad, I really liked the gameplay & was fun while it lasted.

3. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Same here. Played for about 6 months and never went back. Way too many hackers.
    Out of all my games in BFBC2 I have encountered 1 hacker. At least only 1 very obvious hacker. In MW2 there is at least one obnoxious hacker in every game.

4. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    You can't block these people I don't think sadly. You just have to play horribly laggy hacked servers.

5. dshramek

dshramek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    Lol...I was going to say the exact same thing...I abandoned that steaming pile the moment the BC2 beta came out. I have not even thought about re-installing it again. Oddly, though, I still have & play Modern Warfare 1....

6. apolir

apolir Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
    That is unfortunate. Despite its flaws I do like the fast paced action, but I think I might just wait for Medal of Honor. Out of the last 5 games I've played 4 have been hacked lobbies. I do have BBC2, but I don't know if I suck or something but I keep getting killed by people I don't even see.

And the maps with tanks I get like 20 feet and air strike/tank shot or sniped lol

7. Ji1986

Ji1986 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX670 OC SLI
    I loved MW2, but i did stop playing about 2 months ago due to the hackers. really started to get annoying, and alos hte hacked servers where you jump 100m in the air and run at super speeds, really annoying.

8. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    I just got done playing it, only game I play really. I yea the past week the game has been ravaged by people using some sort of hack...even though most of them still suck.

Its getting kind of annoying, Was about to buy those maps but I might just wait for the new cod.

9. TroM

TroM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 OC
    Still play the original COD. Ditch MW2 and come back here. Very nice and mature community of gamers and none of that other bs.

I play MW sometimes, but MW2.... you're on your own. Might as well not ask anything about it in here lol.

10. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti
    Yeah been playing UO too :D i miss it so bad, but i suck now at it cause i'm used too the new cod's.

11. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Wow people still play the original? How about COD2? I may reinstall those if there are some decent people playing.

12. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti
    There are a lot of people still playing COD2. Game has endless number of maps.
    About MW2. I also stopped playing after BC2 came. MW2 started to get really annoying with that matching system. Sitting in the lobby waiting for other players suddenly merging with another lobby and shortly after that message "Game looby was closed" and wait again. Or connection timed out etc. Insane pings and hackers is a different story.
    Really loved first MW MP and of course all SP including MW2.

13. TroM

TroM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 OC
    There are still people on the original install of COD.... version 1.1 or w/e... when you could defuse and shoot at the same time. :) And idk never played COD2.