Anyone else got stability issues with 10xx card with newest drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Abbygale, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Abbygale

Abbygale New Member

GPU:
    1080 ti /11gb
    Every time I install either 456.xx driver my pc goes all wonky. Driver 452.22 works fine. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Wasn't there some G-Sync tweaks and certification changes but if 456.55 removes a few models as per the release notes for this driver and the issue still persists it's probably unrelated even if you have a non-GSync display using VRR but with a G-Sync compatible driver entry.

EDIT: This under resolved issues.

Then there's the open issues but if it's not a laptop some of these can be counted out already leaving things like this.

EDIT: Ah I see there's some additions from the 456.38 driver thread.

So the first thing I suspected is actually restoring formerly removed G-Sync compatible display listings not removing several displays that didn't qualify with the new driver.

Some of these are also not part of the open issues in 456.55 or the fixed issues interestingly.

Way I'm seeing it the new driver branch has a few unresolved open issues that weren't there for 452 which might only affect some systems or certain hardware if it's a general non-game specific problem here.
    Reporting it to NVIDIA would be best with as much info as possible for a later 456.xx driver release resolving it if that's indeed the case and until then remaining on a older but stable driver branch. :)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  3. Caesar

Caesar Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti Titanium
    was downloading yesterday for my 1070ti...but halfway of downloading......i just cancelled the download......(was thinking the same) if ever...instability issues occur.. as this particular driver is focused mainly for 3000 series

4. caleb59

caleb59 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X 8GB
    GTX 1070 here, first use DDU then install a new driver. For now in my case everything (+g-sync compatible) works just fine.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    pascal has issues with video streaming and VESA:AS in the 456 drivers, it'll be fixed next driver.